Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F4GG0T ASS ZUFFA CENSORS ALL EA MMA CAF's WITH UFC FIGHTER NAMES.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4GG0T ASS ZUFFA CENSORS ALL EA MMA CAF's WITH UFC FIGHTER NAMES.

From R3D on TT, no wonder why internationally famous fighters like Fedor and Overeem refuse to fight in the UFC. The likeness clause extends to unbelievable heights if Zuffa can censor a fighter's name.

Originally posted by R3D
    So I turn on my EA MMA today to get some good old fashion K-1 rules with MMA gloves fights going, and I notice when I chose Mirko, his name came up as Mirko *******

I was like WTF, then the game starts and the announcers no longer say his name, instead of a name its just *******.

I then checked the whole roster and apparently UFC owns the every name and surname of EVERY FIGHTER SIGNED TO THEM. They own the name JUNIOR so it says ******* Dos Santos etc.

****ign ZUFFA ***g0ts couldnt make a better product, so they resorted to these cut throat tactics like the spineless cowards that they are.
    Even BloodStain Lane (BSL) has had his Vlogs pulled by Zuffa due to copyright infringements, apparently you can no longer say a UFC fighter's name without the strict permission from Zuffa. The worst thing is that BSL in no way or form profit from his Vlogs.

Originally posted by gumby
    BSL told me on twitter he put up his vlog on YT and Zuffa got it deleted due to copyright.
    Even worse ZUFFA forces EA to remove fighting stance, Zuffa now owns the rights to names of fighting stance names? WTF, how can people support this?

zuffa forces EA MMA to remove customized fighting stances...hahahaha

Basic Iowa wrestler

Generic Pit Fighter

Generic Heavyweight Champion

Hawaiian Prodigy Fighter

Basic Street Fighter

Total: 5 fighter stances removed. Maybe more?
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5215339.page
    holy ****ing hell. they own fighting stances too now?

You can tell Dana is behind all of this. What a cunt.

Comment

that's like boxing promoters censoring their fighters name! such bull

Comment

It's sad these guys don't even own their own name anymore...

Comment

and its not like they have huge pay days either

Comment

The Zuffa contracts are borderline illegal. Someone did some research on it a while ago.

The only guys who still own their own names are Randy, Tito, and Cain.

and get this: Uncle Fester wanted to cut him for refusing to give up his rights. Eventually Zuffa caved on the contract

Comment

I don't see how they can claim "generic heavyweight champion," "basic Iowa wrestler" and "basic streetfighter."

"Hawaiian prodigy fighter" sort of makes sense because it's Penn's nickname and he's from Hawaii (not that I don't think it's bullshit all the same), and "generic pitfighter" is a little more bullshit, but I guess it was sort of novel when Abbott claimed to be a pit fighter.

Who is "basic Iowa wreslter" ripping? Matt Hughes? Last I checked, he's from Illinois. And Iowa is the damn mecca of wrestling in the US. Pat Militech maybe? Last I knew, he isn't a current UFC fighter, and is in fact working for Strikeforce.

Bewildering.

Comment

This **** is insane. How can a company own your name.

Comment

WOW. The *** is just greedy as all hell. I censored the *** name, not BS.
                  I dont wanna get sued for illegally using the brand name...

I wonder if its the Parent company or just the evil step child doing this?

Comment

what a disgrace. how the hell does ufc get away with this?

people compare ufc to wwe and vince mcmahon, but not quite the same.

wwe owns the rights for made up ring names and stage names, but wwe never claims the rights of real names of their wrestlers.

i'd be pissed if i was a fighter and zuffa owned the name Willy Wanker. i mean my mom named me that.

and owning fighting stances? bwahahahahahahahah!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X