Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beats Mosley, should he move up if the Pacquiao fight doesn't happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a believer that Floyd is the draw now so There are plenty of money fights without Pac. Pwill is an excellent choice in my book. I would also take a second fight with Shane if the first is competitve. Right now it doesnt matter who they put up hes taken em out. Bring on the Klitskos!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Bradley will drop everything and fight Floyd. He already said it.
      Yeah, you're right about that. But still, there isn't enough money in that fight. Bradley is still unknown to most of the public. If he can at least get by Maidana, Ortiz, Alexander and Berto then he'd be a legit opponent with a big enough name. As I said, the only JWW who could bring enough money is Malignaggi, and Floyd certainly isn't fighting Khan's leftovers.

Comment

Floyd has troubles fighting boxers his own size and u expect him to fight bigger guys? GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R View Post
          Floyd has troubles fighting boxers his own size and u expect him to fight bigger guys? GTFO.
          What are you talking about? Floyd made his career out of moving up to fight bigger guys. His only two smaller opponents are Hatton and Marquez, and I could easily argue that Hatton was very similar to him in size.
          Last edited by BoxerDood; 04-20-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
            If Floyd can get past Mosley, aside from Pacquiao (which seems pretty unlikely at this point) there aren't many other choices of opponents available. Berto is the only elite WW outside of Floyd, Pac and Mosley, but he hasn't done anything to prove that he's ready for the big three (actually, he's kinda proved that he's not ready). However if he fights Cotto and somehow finds a way to win, then a fight between him and Floyd would be demanded.

But if Berto-Cotto doesn't happen, or Berto loses (which is likely), should Mayweather move up to 154? There are some pretty good names at 154, but they haven't done s**t recently. Perhaps in the next 12 months they could do something big. For an example if Yuri Foreman beat Cotto, and then went on to beat Cory Spinks (or if Spinks beat him), I'd have no problem a clash with Floyd. Or if Cintron somehow found a way to beat Paul Williams, a fight between him and Floyd would be huge. However, a fight a certainly would NOT want to see is Mayweather-Cotto. That fight has absolutely no meaning at this point, unless Cotto pulled a lucky Sanders and KO'ed Pacquiao at 154, and I wouldn't EVER bet on that happening. I'd actually bet on Pac stopping him by the end of the 6th.
            There won't be much at Welterweight for Mayweather, but moving straight up 8 lbs will be dangerous, and I doubt he would do it. As for Berto vs. Cotto, Berto would toss Cotto around like a ragdoll. Unfortunately, the current Cotto is less than a shadow of what he was in his undefeated prime (i.e. until he faced plaster-equipped Margarito) - that Cotto would have made a mockery of Berto (and also of Pacquiao, in my opinion), and would easily get beaten by Berto. A further loss to Pacquiao (soon after the career-ending loss to Margarito) has ended him once and for all. Berto vs. Mayweather would then be a fine option, but Berto will get owned. It would be an interesting fight.

Mayweather could try moving up to 154 lbs, where there will be plenty of challenges, but they would be dangerous opponents and I'm not sure he'll want to do that.

If Bradley extinguishes all Junior Welterweight opposition by taking out Maidana, Khan, Malignaggi, and then serious undefeated opponents like Alexander and Olusegun, then he will be set up perfectly for a big fight with Hatton, which he should comfortably win. Then, finally, Bradley will be a big name in America and Floyd will take a fight with him (Bradley has said he will move up if Floyd agrees to it).
            Last edited by GameGod; 04-20-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X