Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elvir Muriqi vs. Clinton Woods today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one of Clintons family had died just before the Tarver fight. He nearly pulled out due to it.

Clinton would beat Tarver in a rematch I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
      WTF.

Just confirms what a **** performance Woods put in against Tarver.

I'd go as far as to say that is the most disappointing performance by a fighter I was rooting for has put in ever since I've followed boxing.

I like Woods he is a nice chap.
      He had flu during the tarver fight,that was confirmed by the doctor after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
        He had flu during the tarver fight,that was confirmed by the doctor after the fight
        He had the flue, his friend died and he wasn't motivated for the fight? I feel bad for that horrible string of luck Clinton came upon.

Comment

Originally posted by MadTV4U View Post
          He had the flue, his friend died and he wasn't motivated for the fight? I feel bad for that horrible string of luck Clinton came upon.
          I dont know about his friend dying and I am not saying that he would have beat tarver,but that wasnt him in there that night,he always puts in a solid shift win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
            I dont know about his friend dying and I am not saying that he would have beat tarver,but that wasnt him in there that night,he always puts in a solid shift win or lose.
            I agree, Clinton put up a valiant effort against Jones and Johnson. He did except the contract tho and stepped into the ring knowing he was going into a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MadTV4U View Post
              I agree, Clinton put up a valiant effort against Jones and Johnson. He did except the contract tho and stepped into the ring knowing he was going into a fight.
              Its probably the dosh that made him go through with it,a bit of pride as well,I would be surprised if his purse was any higher that low 6 figures,hardly retirement money.I hope he has a good run at it,but I think he is always going to come up a bit short at this stage of his career.No chance of beating Dawson.

Comment

Working...
              X