Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider Pacquiao one of the best offensive fighters of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some way, some how, this turned to a Floyd vs Manny thread lol

Hes for sure one of the greatest... but the greatest im not so sure abt that. He will be remembered as an ATG and for all the classic fights he gave to boxing.

Prime Pac was so much fun to watch.

PS: Manny haters/Floyd groupies... dont reply to my post. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      This is untrue. The 1st right hand floyd landed dictated the whole fight. Manny became gunshy and didn't want to throw.

Now was the punch a "power" punch that did damage physically, no. But if you are being honest (and your opinion on the fight and manny's injury suggest to me you are not) you can't deny the punch did some damage in that it made Manny abandon the gameplan he and Roach so often discussed.
      True, but since that Marquez KO , Pac has been gun shy. He was gun shy vs Vargas ffs.

Pac is done as an offensive threat. He has chanced his style since that KO.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        he never fought the best when they were at their best. please name all the great prime fighters he shut down. and dont you dare use the "well floyd was old too" excuse. that was 100 percent his fault. he spent his prime fighting baldomir. even an old pac outboxed him and landed the vast majority of the clean flush punches so not sure how he shut him down....oh lets go to his prime castillo beat him and landed the better punches so he didnt shut him down. in between those fights he fought baldomir, gatti, and some faded fighters like hoya and mosley. wow congrats tbe lmao
        Canelo, Hatton, Castillo, Corrales, Hernandez, Maidana etc... Also shut out a fighter who went on to knock Pac the **** out

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Interesting... Manny is your GOD. Wanna buy a sweaty PAC Strap(joc)

You know I'm just pulling your PAC chain.
          so you dont want to refute any of my points? you know everything i said was true but you like floyd so you feel offended but you should be offended at floyd for wasting his prime. doesnt matter that pac got the better head to head. floyd was 38 and hardly at his best. a fight between an old 38 year old and a 36 year old recently ko'd cold fighter should not have been his super fight. whether he won or lost it wasnt a great victory. jeff horn just "beat" pac too so how good of a win is it really.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
            Canelo, Hatton, Castillo, Corrales, Hernandez, Maidana etc... Also shut out a fighter who went on to knock Pac the **** out
            and you think thats an amazing resume that stacks up with other greats? also triangle wins arent worth as much in boxing and make you look desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Funny fans are certain, but Bo, Roach, TR mathmakers and Manny were not.

This is untrue about anything of consequence. The 1st right hand floyd landed appeared to dictate the whole fight. Manny's workrate was significantly reduced because Floyd could easily land the right counter over his left hand.

Now was the punch a "power" punch that did damage physically, no. But if you are being honest you can't deny the punch was incredibly effective in that it made Manny hesitant to throw for the rest of the fight, outside of some solid shots in round 4 and 9.
              Lol! Manny because hesitant the moment he re-ruptured the rotator cuff in the 4th round when he was teeing off on Floyd on the ropes in which Floyd had absolutely no answer for. Up until that point Manny was winning that fight. Don't even try it. Manny isn't afraid of getting hit by a weak counter right. You gotta be kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
                But we saw a past prime Marquez neutralize his Offense many times and we saw Floyd completely render Pac useless.

So much so that Pac said he wish hed stand still so he could hit Floyd.
                Marquez:
                a) It was like Ali vs Frazier. Frazier gave Ali fits.
                b) Manny was doing more than just fine offensively in their 4th fight. SO to say that he was not getting neutralized except for when he did get caught while tripping up on Marquez's feet.
                c) Does Frazier, Ken Norten and a few others giving Ali trouble make you feel the same way about Ali's rankings?
                d) Memo Heredia helped Marquez be who he was at 147. Not the same puny chubby Marquez that fought Floyd.

Floyd:
                - Floyd had to hug, head-lock, ..... so to say, it was NOT his defensive skills. Remove all that hugging, head-lock, and Floyd would be a sitting DUCK!!!!!
                - Best moments of the fight were by Manny! He countered Floyd beautifully on a number of occasions!
                - Manny was fighting injured
                - Fight had to happen in 2010/2011!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                  True, but since that Marquez KO , Pac has been gun shy. He was gun shy vs Vargas ffs.

Pac is done as an offensive threat. He has chanced his style since that KO.
                  JMM was the last guy he fought with a shorter reach than him I believe. The other opponents have an easier time countering because they can land when Manny is going backwards in a straight line. He still beat Tim which showed he wasn't as shot as his fans want everyone to believe.

Was Manny older, yes. Was he prime, no. He was just never better than Floyd and Floyd's speed and reach were always a bad matchup for Manny. Any boxing person without an agenda will tell you same.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    so you dont want to refute any of my points? you know everything i said was true but you like floyd so you feel offended but you should be offended at floyd for wasting his prime. doesnt matter that pac got the better head to head. floyd was 38 and hardly at his best. a fight between an old 38 year old and a 36 year old recently ko'd cold fighter should not have been his super fight. whether he won or lost it wasnt a great victory. jeff horn just "beat" pac too so how good of a win is it really.
                    Most what you said is a fact... Except PAC lost head to head..
                    We, you and I go back, you alright with me.. But PAC lost to a cheating Floyd. Floyd lost to Castillo better, next is Maidana, sure sugar nearly had his loud **** talking mouth out,, but big boss man Floyd took over in the late rounds.

Maidana possible popped a tooth out Floyd's loud mouth.. But Floyd finds a way to win/cheat

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      Agreed. I still think Manny was competitive. Floyd landed nothing of consequence. I'm very certain that Manny at his best would have beaten Floyd.
                      Agree, brother.

Comment

Working...
                      X