Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. claims Conor was badly concussed, Byrd should be considered a hero!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans, media, and other fighters: Let the fight continue until the point where Conor gets brain damage!

I don't understand how people think. Especially coming from a fighter. Because a fan or a reporter does not know what is the real physical danger in getting hit in the head repeatedly, they really have no concept maybe because they have never been hit in the head repeatedly. But to come from a fighter, for a fighter to say to let the fight continue, it's pathetic and sends the wrong message just to look tough or side with the fighter who got beat.

For some people it takes dozens upon dozens of ring deaths or boxers becoming catatonic apparently. For me personally, the stories of Magomed Abdusalamov, Prichard Colon being brain damaged, as well as the 21 year old Fillipino Karlo Maquinto's death in the ring in 2012 in his 9th pro fight is enough for me to have more respect for stoppages in lopsided beatdowns where a fighter is clearly catching a bad beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      ^That's been my sentiment on the matter. When you aren't able to stand completely upright, you're done. We've got a culture of fans who need to see a guy break from consciousness, because that's what they see in MMA, but that's where boxing gets dangerous. You don't have a guy continually take neurological damage once the writing is on the wall.
      Yeah man, if it were fatigue, Conors legs wouldnt have held him up. But props to Conor, his legs were still under him so it shows he trained hard. Upper body wise I feel he did fatigue which gave Floyd the green light to tee off but ultimately he was hurt and woozy.

A good example of someone being concussed and staying up is Bradley vs Provo and Vargas. A good example of complete fatigue was Cotto vs. Margarito 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Moral victory doe, he went 10rds with tbe doe, he won 3rds doe. lol, Conor shouldve stuck with 10oz gloves.
        Don't give him that much credit bro he won the first round and thats it, watch the fight carefully and you'll see floyd won 2-10 easily

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          The doctor said mild concussions show the effects for why Conor was wobbling around as Floyd kept pressing forward.

Behold!!! Here forward when boxers start getting tagged and refs call it off we can just say it was merely fatigue! Yay!!
          My 10 bil says GGG bodies Canelo.

Comment

The fight should of been left to end naturally! (Time and time again this happens in boxing, and all it does is ruin the event! Also it diminishes Floyd Mayweather's efforts!)...

Comment

Ref did a tremendous job stopping the fight at the right time. A few more shots and I think Mcgregor is at high risk of getting brain trauma. That could potentially be disastrous for the sport of boxing (and maybe for combat sports in general) because it would be on such a high profile event viewed by so many people worldwide. Ref not only saved Mcgregor but he saved the sport from intense scrutiny.

Comment

Comment

The ref was there

Comment

Working...
                  X