Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why exactly do we keep pumping flouride into our water and dental products?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why exactly do we keep pumping flouride into our water and dental products?

Countless study upon study has shown that it has very little actual benefit to tooth health and has severe detrimental effects on your nuerological health.

It is in fact a nuerotoxin, yet you can hardly find a flouride free water supply or dental product in america.

(yeah I know it's not a .org, .gov or .edu source or scientific journal source, but there have been so many experiments that i'll just provide this summarized article as a source, if you want to check any of the findings it's all right there on google)

https://neurogal.com/neuro-blog/is-f...c-to-the-brain

1. DECREASED IQ AND COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT IN CHILDREN
    -A multitude of studies have been published on the harm that it can create within the developing brain of children. In 2012, Harvard published a meta-analysis of 27 different fluoride studies, and found that fluoride exposure was associated with reduced IQ in children.

-Moreover, in 26 of these studies, there was a relationship between high levels of fluoride and reduced IQ.

-A review published in the Lancet concluded that fluoride is a neurotoxin that damages the developing brain, thus increasing the risk of autism, developmental delay, ADHD, and learning disabilities.

2. POOR SLEEP BY DAMAGING THE PINEAL GLAND
    Fluoride can cross the blood brain barrier (the special protective layer between the blood vessels and the brain) and deposits itself in brain tissue. When fluoride binds to aluminum, another common molecule ingested regularly, it becomes even more permeable to the blood brain barrier and thus can damage neurons more easily.

-The pineal gland secretes a hormone called melatonin, which is important for regulating our sleep patterns. Melatonin is also a potent antioxidant and neuroprotector. Calcification of the pineal gland leads to impaired melatonin secretion. Reduced melatonin can lead to insomnia. Reduced melatonin levels are also observed in various diseases, such as dementia, mood disorders, severe pain, cancer, and diabetes type 2 (Hardeland, 2012).

3. POOR MEMORY AND LEARNING BY DAMAGING THE HIPPOCAMPUS
    -Fluoride can induce neuron damage and increase inflammation in rat brains, especially within the hippocampus (Yang et al, 2018). The hippocampus is a region in the brain that allows us to learn and form new memories.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-19-2019, 03:10 AM.

Because we don't want British teeth.

Comment

Because actual intelligent scientists have proven it to see and effective over and over again.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...on-reduces-iq/

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
        Because actual intelligent scientists have proven it to see and effective over and over again.

If you're familiar with the scientific community you should know that we don't accept .com sources as viable citations.

and that "intelligence" is subjective, relative and holds no real weight when proving a point. Studies and conclusive findings using the scientific method do.

Also, that scientific journal sources are the strongest sources. Here's a scientific journal study source and quotes on the subject.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3956646/

In a meta-analysis of 27 mostly China-based studies on fluoride and neurotoxicity, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health and China Medical University in Shenyang found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children [50]. All but one study suggested that high fluoride content in water may negatively affect cognitive development. The average loss in intelligence quotient (IQ) was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15 [50]. While fluoride's effect on IQ in this meta-analysis did not reach statistical significance, the combined effect at population level is remarkable. A particular concern of the NRC committee was the impact of ingested fluoride on the thyroid gland [49]. In a 2005 study, it was found that 47% of children living in a New Delhi neighbourhood with average water fluoride level of 4.37 ppm have evidence of clinical hypothyroidism attributable to fluoride. They found borderline low FT3 levels among all children exposed to fluoridated water [51]. The mechanisms through which fluoride exacerbates hypothyroidism include competitive binding with iodine, as well as synthesis obstruction of T3 and T4. These mechanisms explain the use of fluoride at doses above 5 mg/day in the treatment of hyperthyroidism [52, page 451]. Thus, fluoride-induced hypothyroidism is likely to be more common in iodine-deficient settings. Australian surveys indicate that the general Australian population is mildly deficient in iodine [53] Iodine-deficient children ingesting fluoridated water have been found to demonstrate intellectual deficits even at water fluoride levels of 0.9 ppm [54].

The most obvious and widespread impact of fluoride is dental fluorosis. In some cases—where fluoride levels are very high or where there is prolonged ingestion at 2 ppm or higher, cases of skeletal fluorosis have been reported. Skeletal fluorosis is a chronic metabolic bone disease caused by ingestion or inhalation of large amounts of fluoride. In regions with water fluoride concentrations over 2 ppm, or among workers constantly exposed to fluoride in aluminium or fertilizer industries, skeletal fluorosis is common (>20% prevalence) and manifested as joint pain in both upper and lower limbs, numbing and tingling of the extremities, back pains, and knock-knees. Vertebral osteosclerosis may result in spinal cord compression [55]. In addition, an increase in bone mass due to fluoride ingestion or treatment (for osteoporosis) does not translate into improved bone strength, and high doses of sodium fluoride for osteoporosis treatment may increase the risk of vertebral fractures [56]. Dental fluorosis mirrors skeletal fluorosis. Similar to counterintuitive histological changes in bone, the macroscopic appearance of increasing degrees of dental fluorosis was directly correlated to the degree of subsurface porosity [57]. Despite such histological changes suggesting that tooth decay prevalence may be higher among children with fluorosis, research findings have been mixed [58, 59]. There is no safe limit for fluoride ingestion in relation to dental fluorosis, but fluoridated levels exceeding 0.3 ppm have been associated with teeth mottling and discolouration [30]. Since the initially proposed optimum fluoride intake of 1 mg/day (from one litre of 1 ppm fluoridated water), new sources of fluoride have been introduced through dental care products, processed foods, and commercial beverages. These sources have increased average cumulative fluoride intake to more than 2 mg/day. With these higher levels of fluoride intake, dental fluorosis and other toxic effects noted above have also increased.

Currently, about 41% of children in the United States, where water has been fluoridated at an average level of 1 ppm, have varying degrees of dental fluorosis—levels of over 50% in some fluoridated areas [60]. The National Research Council's report on the health effects of ingested fluoride in the United States, found that “… the prevalence of dental fluorosis in optimally fluoridated areas (both natural and added) in recent years ranged from 8% to 51%, compared with 3% to 26% in non-fluoridated areas.” [49, page 37] This implies that while nonwater sources of fluoride are likely to be consumed at the same level in fluoridated and nonfluoridated areas, and while the use of dental supplements is higher in nonfluoridated areas, fluorosis is significantly higher in areas where water is fluoridated. While the only uncontroversial clinical complication of (severe) dental fluorosis is adverse psychological impact on well-being, self-esteem, and negative community perception of affected individuals' oral health [61], established clinical complications of skeletal fluorosis include arthritis, radiculomyelopathy, quadriparesis, and pathological bone fractures [62, 63].

Fluoride is a known enzyme disruptor. For example, fluoride's anticaries effect is derived in part from its ability to derange the enzymes of cariogenic bacteria [20, 21]. Fluoride can interfere by attaching itself to metal ions located at an enzyme's active site or by forming competing hydrogen bonds at the active site which is not exclusively just on the teeth [64]. There are 66 enzymes which are affected by fluoride ingestion, including P450 oxidases, as well the enzyme which facilitates the formation of flexible enamel [65]. A recent study of the effects of inorganic fluoride compounds on human cellular functions revealed that fluoride can interact with a wide range of enzyme-mediated cellular processes and genes modulated by fluoride including those related to the stress response, metabolic enzymes, the cell cycle, cell-cell communications, and signal transduction [66]. Due to high negativity of fluoride, it interacts actively with positively charged ions such as calcium and magnesium. In industrial settings, hydrofluoric acid poisoning is usually treated with intravenous calcium gluconate as such poisoning is associated with acute hypocalcaemia [67]. As with calcium, magnesium plays important roles in optimal bone and teeth formation. By competing with magnesium and calcium in teeth and bones, fluoride deranges the delicate bone formation and bone resorption processes. Such derangements, and consequent intensity of fluoride's adverse effects on bone and teeth, are amplified in malnutrition, calcium deficiency, and magnesium deficiency [68, 69]. Chronic fluoride ingestion is commonly associated with hyperkalaemia and consequent ventricular fibrillation [70].

There have also been a number of studies that link fluoride and cancer. More than 50 population-based studies which have examined the potential link between water fluoride levels and cancer have been reported in the medical literature. Most of these studies have not found a strong link between chronic fluoride ingestion and cancer. In a major review of the topic published in 1987, the International Agency for Research on Cancer labelled fluorides as “… non-classifiable as to their ability to cause cancer in humans” and that the studies reviewed “… have shown no consistent tendency for people living in areas with high concentrations of fluoride in the water to have higher cancer rates than those living in areas with low concentrations” [71]. However, they concluded that the evidence was inadequate to draw conclusions one way or another and that the evidence linking fluorides with cancer was deemed “inadequate” [71]. The York, NRC and SCHER reviews came to similar conclusions [28, 30, 49] However, population-based-studies strongly suggest that chronic fluoride ingestion is a possible cause of uterine cancer and bladder cancer; there may be a link with osteosarcoma—highlighted as an area where there is evidence of problems requiring further research [30, 72–74].

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post

Here's the journal source for the harvard study on flouride nuerotoxicity and flouride's adverse effects on the brain.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3491930/

Across the board, chinese children with flouridated water sources scored lower on I.Q tests. That is not a coincidence.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...ort=objectonly

I can't wait for your "intelligent scientific" response to disprove these thousand of hours of scientific study and evidence. I'm so excited to hear it.
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-19-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

There's a lot of evidence both ways. People who come down hard one way or the other are blinding themselves to the truth.

I won't drink it but I do rinse with. That way, I'm getting the dental benefits (which are undeniable) while mitigating absorption into organs.

The smartest dentist I've ever known admitted to me that some people get adverse effects from fluoride, and didn't give me a hard time when I refused to take it. But, he also encouraged me to do a lot of research, which I did, in order to make a more educated decision. If people were better about brushing their teeth with fluoride toothpaste, or using a rinse, we wouldn't need to put it in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              There's a lot of evidence both ways. People who come down hard one way or the other are blinding themselves to the truth.

I won't drink it but I do rinse with. That way, I'm getting the dental benefits (which are undeniable) while mitigating absorption into organs.

The smartest dentist I've ever known admitted to me that some people get adverse effects from fluoride, and didn't give me a hard time when I refused to take it. But, he also encouraged me to do a lot of research, which I did, in order to make a more educated decision. If people were better about brushing their teeth with fluoride toothpaste, or using a rinse, we wouldn't need to put it in the water.
              It does help with tooth health and cavities, but the studies conclusively show that it causes neurological damage, especially at higher levels.

I don't know about you but I don't want to trade brain health for ****ing tooth health lol

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                It does help with tooth health and cavities, but the studies conclusively show that it causes neurological damage, especially at higher levels.

I don't know about you but I don't want to trade brain health for ****ing tooth health lol
                That's why I only rinse with it, so that it deposits on the teeth and strengthens them without needing to drink fluoridated water. It's much more efficient since I'm not actually consuming it, just getting a little through absorption in the mouth (which I'm ok with).

Comment

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

Comment

I can only sleep 5-6 hours a night, but don't want to take melatonin or anything that messes with my brain. It's annoying because I don't wake up feeling rested, yet I can't stay asleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X