Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: I'd Match Burns With Overhyped Broner!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only is BoxingScene promoting Warren's weekly press release, but now they are splitting it up into seperate articles .

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      That's the way to do it, price yourself out when the fight can be made but then when it's unavailable start talking crap. Smh
      This is it in a nutshell. Very cowardly of Warren and Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        I kind of understand Warren's reluctance to take Burns across to the 'states for the fight. Here, in the UK, it would sell out a 20k venue; would it do the same across the pond? I don't think so.
        Broner isn't fighting over there regardless so that is moot point. Even if he is selling out 20,000 seats arenas apparently they are charging peanuts for tickets. Goldenboy offered him triple his last purse and the coward turned it down. Everybody's knows if you want to make the real big money you have to make it in the good ole US of A.

Comment

Right. Guess that's why Burns vacated his belt at jr lightweight when Broner was his mandatory and asking for 4x his career high purse to fight him now.

Comment

Then why didn't you?

Comment

Before I criticize Burns and Warren I would need to know:

How much the fight would generate in the UK vs in Atlantic City?

How much would Burns make in the UK vs Atlantic City?

If the figure is substantially higher, than I can see why team Burns is asking for so much money. Their attitude is probably that if the fight is in Atlantic City, pay us as if the fight would be in the UK where the fight would generate more.

Comment

And yet Frank, you ducked him. Make in May on Money's undercard and all will be forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Before I criticize Burns and Warren I would need to know:

How much the fight would generate in the UK vs in Atlantic City?

How much would Burns make in the UK vs Atlantic City?

If the figure is substantially higher, than I can see why team Burns is asking for so much money. Their attitude is probably that if the fight is in Atlantic City, pay us as if the fight would be in the UK where the fight would generate more.
                  Burns fights in front of about 10,000 fans against mediocre opposition, against Broner he could probably sell 20,000 tickets (probably between £20ish to £200ish depending on where u wanna sit at a guess). But will make feck all for fighting on Boxnation. The boxnation payment will probably be the same wherever it is (again im guessing, ive no idea what deal Burns has with Warren). The gate will probably give him more money than tv.

So it would depend on the difference of what HBO are willing to pay for it being live in the states and whatever they pay for a tape delay broadcast for a fight held in the UK. The American tv money will **** all over the UK tv money for this one, and the UK gate will **** all over the American gate. It all depends on what HBO are willing to pay tbh.

Comment

Rees, Burns, neither can beat Broner. It doesn't matter where the fight is at.

Comment

Frank Warren is the Bob Arum across the pond. I can't stand this scumbag. He knows Burns get's extinguished by Broner. He wants to price himself out like a hoe.

Comment

Working...
                      X