Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Kevin Johnson Now Set as WBC Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All credit to Fury for stepping up while Price is beating up frauds and senior citizens.

If Fury wins this impressively, he's on his way to heavyweight stardom. Johnson is a good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
      hope its a good fight ive got tickets to this, wasnt gonna bother but ive nothing else planned so may as well head to it.

Im expecting a bit of a stinker tbh
      Why? It's an excellent matchup. You're lucky to be going.

The Price fight is the one that is a stinker, him fighting a 45-yr-old is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
        I think Tyson v Johnson is a great fight. Looking forward to it.
        Same here. In terms of the current heavyweight landscape, I like this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
          Why? It's an excellent matchup. You're lucky to be going.

The Price fight is the one that is a stinker, him fighting a 45-yr-old is a joke.
          its an interesting match up, but Kingpin isnt the best fighter to watch, and while Fury is normally entertaining, i reckon Johnson will make it a bit of a snoozefest.

Itll be a good atmosphere, and an excuse to go for pints in belfast so itll be a good enough night

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            its an interesting match up, but Kingpin isnt the best fighter to watch, and while Fury is normally entertaining, i reckon Johnson will make it a bit of a snoozefest.

Itll be a good atmosphere, and an excuse to go for pints in belfast so itll be a good enough night
            Hopefully Johnson tries to fight and Fury can open up on him.

I don't think Johnson can afford to try to fight like he did (or didn't) against Vitali. His rep was stained bad enough from that one ("Safety Pin," "Queenpin").

Comment

It's not a final eliminator

Stiverne vs Arreola is for the mandatory. The winner of this fight gets banks in another final eliminator to determine who fights the champion(vitali or Arreola/stiverne if vitali retires). If vitali is done then Arreola/stiverne is for vacant belt.

Comment

I guess Tyson Fury will give Vitali a good challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  I believe the Arreola-Stiverne winner is a semi-final eliminator. Some sites say the winner of that fight will take on the winner of the Adamek-Cunningham fight, which would be the final eliminator. Others say the winner of Arreola-Stiverne fight will take on Pulev for that position instead. I think it is to become Wladimir's mandatory not Vitali's, but I'm not sure.
                  No Pulev is the IBF #1 and the Adamek/Cunningham winner fights him in a final IBF eliminator. The others are in a WBC mess

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Stiverne vs Arreola is for the mandatory. The winner of this fight gets banks in another final eliminator to determine who fights the champion(vitali or Arreola/stiverne if vitali retires). If vitali is done then Arreola/stiverne is for vacant belt.
                  But Mitchell is rematching Banks now. Arreola vs Stiverne was always billed, for over a year now, as a WBC eliminator. Then it was changed to a WBC semi-eliminator before Mitchell/Banks with the winners supposed to fight eachother but with their rematch that eliminator status for Banks has seemed to disappear and now there are two fights being billed as WBC eliminator's Arreola vs Stiverne and Fury vs Johnson. We'll have to wait for them to clarify this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                    All credit to Fury for stepping up while Price is beating up frauds and senior citizens.
                    Price would have been happy to beat up Fury. But Fury ducked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                      No Pulev is the IBF #1 and the Adamek/Cunningham winner fights him in a final IBF eliminator. The others are in a WBC mess

But Mitchell is rematching Banks now. Arreola vs Stiverne was always billed, for over a year now, as a WBC eliminator. Then it was changed to a WBC semi-eliminator before Mitchell/Banks with the winners supposed to fight eachother but with their rematch that eliminator status for Banks has seemed to disappear and now there are two fights being billed as WBC eliminator's Arreola vs Stiverne and Fury vs Johnson. We'll have to wait for them to clarify this mess.
                      i'm baffled by mitchell being able to have a rematch clause in his contract in an eliminator & for his regional belt he lost. this was an eliminator so the loser should drop in the pecking order & not be able to invoke a rematch clause until the fighter who beat him has had his opportunity. if i was banks i'd try & have that fight put off until he's fought in his final eliminator.

Comment

Working...
                      X