No announcement yet.

Body shot endurance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body shot endurance

Sparred for the first time in about a year tonight an got caught with a left hook to the liver, I had to stop for about a minute to get my breathe back. Twice i've been caught shot in my life and it wasn't pretty. What can I do to be able to take more body shots. If this was the night of
    my fight I would have probably been stopped.

**** man you need lots of abs to endurance your ab part mike tyson used to make 2500 abs with 40 punds weight

Comment

Do twist sit ups, do get the side walls on your stomach.

Do a normal sit up as your reaching the top twist your hips as if you are throwing a hook.

Also, another useful tip, don't hold your breath when punching, breath out and make that gruting noise, it tenses up your muscles making them solid, protecting organs. Paractise this in shadow boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Do twist sit ups, do get the side walls on your stomach.

Do a normal sit up as your reaching the top twist your hips as if you are throwing a hook.

Also, another useful tip, don't hold your breath when punching, breath out and make that gruting noise, it tenses up your muscles making them solid, protecting organs. Paractise this in shadow boxing.
        thanks i'll work on this tommorrow

Comment

I'd tell you, but I don't want you to be able to take them if we ever get matched up against each other :P

Love that left hook to the body.

Comment

bro thats a tough punch to really train to take.. if a guy throws a crisp hard left hook right on the liver, itll hurt even the fittest fighters... we have all seen it in this sport...

do ur ab work, definitely. switch it up that always works for me , each week focus on a new ab workout.. and always do it til it hurts, and as many reps as u think u should do, do double...

Comment

You can punch yourself in the balls as much as you want,it's never going to get any less painful.And it's the same thing with a liver shot.

But in regards to basic body resistance training,order a Chinese takeaway with some chopsticks,then use them to repeatedly beat your belly with.You'll surely have a body of iron in no time.

Comment

Ab work is great but let me tell you what really builds body resistance. It's strengthening your legs.

Strong lower body will help you absorb a lot of punishment.

Comment

ali never gave a **** about body blows, train to get like that

Comment

Originally posted by punchDrUnK MONK View Post
                    bro thats a tough punch to really train to take.. if a guy throws a crisp hard left hook right on the liver, itll hurt even the fittest fighters... we have all seen it in this sport...
                    Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                    You can punch yourself in the balls as much as you want,it's never going to get any less painful.And it's the same thing with a liver shot.
                    These gentlemen speak the realness. Abwork to take bodyshots is an enormous waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X