Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch always complaining about his fights not being televised in Britain?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    You would think that people would want to watch to see him lose then.
    Well I did originally but only on streams, never paid to watch one of his fights.

After he lost to Kessler I don't mind him as much now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
      Didn't Mick Hennessy/Froch ask for too much money from ITV & Sky for the Taylor fight (i think) and they turned him down, leaving Prime Time showing it? Since then Sky and ITV have refused to deal with him.
      Yeah Mick said Froch was done with ITV because they wouldnt give him enough money, i think he also said something about Froch being to big for ITV. Most of Froch's lack of fame is because of bad management by Hennessy.

Comment

Calzaghe was a no name until the Lacey fight was shown on ITV.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Probably because of the way he acted to Calzaghe, Khan and some other British guys.

We don't like that over here, you got to support your own or it alienates you.
          Thats crap, Froch wanted to fight Calzaghe but had no profile in the media and still really doesn't, so what do you do?

He did what any boxer does and that's mouth off to anyone that's willing listen and hopefully they print it in a newspaper or on a boxing forum like here.

I don't know anyone that's pissed at him for calling out Calzaghe or for having a little spat at Khan, he was trying to get some media attention that's all.

Lets face Khan gets talked about all over the world & Froch has a way better resume and joe blogs probably doesn't even know who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
            Yeah Mick said Froch was done with ITV because they wouldnt give him enough money, i think he also said something about Froch being to big for ITV. Most of Froch's lack of fame is because of bad management by Hennessy.
            Froch really needs to dump Hennessy after the super six over, its actually pretty shocking the limited exposure he had considering the run hes is on, compared someone like Haye, even Audley makes more column inches.

Comment

His fights have been primarily on Primetime which is a random PPV channel that no one knows about.

The Taylor fight was not on tv at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
                Thats crap, Froch wanted to fight Calzaghe but had no profile in the media and still really doesn't, so what do you do?

He did what any boxer does and that's mouth off to anyone that's willing listen and hopefully they print it in a newspaper or on a boxing forum like here.

I don't know anyone that's pissed at him for calling out Calzaghe or for having a little spat at Khan, he was trying to get some media attention that's all.
                Nor me.

That's only something for the little JC Stanboys who all came to this forum after November 2007. Joe Public really could give two ****s.

You're exactly right.

I mean, Calzaghe's status as a publically beloved British sporting great is still in large part a media-shuck, anyway. Outside of possibly Wales, all the gushing acclaim he's received for a 'great career' came only with his last few fights; people seem to forget that Joe was a perennial brooding outsider to the big-time circus, unable to really capture public imagination, even with the backing of Sky, until first Lacy then Kessler came along in the last 2 years of his career. Then came the hypocritical 'arise, Sir Joe, plaudits' from the establishment and its media, as if everybody had been paying attention all along, which generates a wave of wider public notice and interest for a short time. Now all that's cooled, Joe isn't really that deeply embedded in the public's affections, even after all.
                Remembered in years to come as one of Britain's biggest fistic achievers by its sports presses and broadcasters? Sure. But a figure that really resonates deeply with any side of the everyday British consciousness? Nah. The bland Calzaghe is still viewed with a lot of indifference. Benn (raw naked emotion on display in everything he did), Eubank (whose arrogance beguiled the public even as he repulsed it, forcing it to first turn away from the mirror in self-disgust before finally embracing its reflection) and Bruno all still cast longer shadows in that regard.

I digress. But, point is; I agree, the whole 'Froch isn't popular in the UK because he dissed Calzaghe' argument is completely baseless.

Comment

His fights get shown on Primetime. (A ****ty channel that you have to pay for that nobody knows about)

Sky Sports (The UK's main and really only sports channel) never backed him liek they have with Calzaghe, Hatton, Haye and Khan in recent years, for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    His fights have been primarily on Primetime which is a random PPV channel that no one knows about.

The Taylor fight was not on tv at all.
                    They showed the Taylor fight on ITV4 the next day on replay.

Comment

WOW that is great news!
                      Originally posted by denium View Post
                      I read somewhere that the boss of Sky Sports made a promise that Froch's next fight will be televised, after being impressed with his performance against Abe.

Ah, here we go http://www.cable.co.uk/news/sky-spor...hts-800266533/

Comment

Working...
                      X