No announcement yet.

Why is Mayweather like Santa Claus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    how are we pronouncing that 'maiiiiii', is it like the noise a baby sheep makes?
    prepare for retaliation, you and anorak will be banned in 'murrica!

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
      Im sorry, but who has he fought coming off a loss? And what does maiiiiiii mean?
      I call him "Maiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" instead of May, as a special tribute to all of his fans who have such high English skills on here.

As for "coming off a loss", I didn't mean it literally, so much as career trajectory. Were Cotto and Ortiz, to name just two, really the tickets they once were, even if they had racked up a couple of wins in the interim?

Comment

I fully expect the trend to continue in 2013. Next piece of crap from Santa's bag being Floyd-Guererro.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

I fully expect the trend to continue in 2013. Next piece of crap from Santa's bag being Floyd-Guererro.
          that fight is an ugly christmas jumper.

Comment

Why don't Maiiiiiiiiii-ites ever get disappointed by this crap?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              Why don't Maiiiiiiiiii-ites ever get disappointed by this crap?
              Because Floyd is de bestest eva! He would beat them all anyway so why fight? All that is needed is the annual cameo performance.

Comment

He only shows up once a year, and, despite your expectations, he normally arrives with a sack of crap.

I dunno how Maiiiiii-ites can get so behind this guy, when he seems to exist in a boxing vacuum.

Don't get me wrong, I give him credit for winning all the fights he isn't even involved in, like a good Maiiii-ite should, but one fight per year, usually against someone coming off a loss? In 2011 the only person he fought was Victor "I'm a boxer, I'm not supposed to be getting hit by punches" Ortiz. Who gives a ****, right?

I like to give the Pingers some grief - and God knows they've been silenced lately - but at least the guy actually shows up once in a while, and usually against better comp.
                I thought he was the sack of crap?

Comment

I'm not saying it's all Maiiiiiiiiiiii's fault, but remember when Cotto was on a tear, doing his thing from c.2004-2007? Floyd was fighting Henry Bruseles, the Argentinian mini cab driver, and Sharmba Mitchell.

Now, I'm not saying that Cotto would have won, don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is, a Mayweather vs. Cotto bout would have been a mouthwatering prospect in '06... but in '12 it was clearly far, far less of a prospect than it had been before.

But say that to a Maiiiiii-ite and they'll self harm over it.
                  I heard it's because he's been involved in a multi million dollar gay off with Neil Patrick Harris since he came out of the closet. Courtesy of his degenerate gambling habit.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Because Floyd is de bestest eva! He would beat them all anyway so why fight? All that is needed is the annual cameo performance.
                    He's also a great businessman and investor.

Comment

He only shows up once a year, and, despite your expectations, he normally arrives with a sack of crap.

I dunno how Maiiiiii-ites can get so behind this guy, when he seems to exist in a boxing vacuum.

Don't get me wrong, I give him credit for winning all the fights he isn't even involved in, like a good Maiiii-ite should, but one fight per year, usually against someone coming off a loss? In 2011 the only person he fought was Victor "I'm a boxer, I'm not supposed to be getting hit by punches" Ortiz. Who gives a ****, right?

I like to give the Pingers some grief - and God knows they've been silenced lately - but at least the guy actually shows up once in a while, and usually against better comp.
                      ????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                      X