Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will Floyd demand blood test from Matthew Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
    they have agreed to have a blood test RIGHT AFTER the fight. So if there were any, THAT blood test would reflect it. By then, Mayweather's ZERO will be gone if he lost. Arguing over random blood test before the fight doesnt hold any basis considering they will have a blood test AFTER the fight. But based on history, a loss is remembered a loss, and any positive result AFTERWARDS doesn't really hold much effect.
    there are roids that can leave your system within days and even hours.....

the test after the fight means nothing, b/c they KNOW when it will be, meaning they can cycle the guy off.

the whole point in having RANDOM tests, is that nobody knows when they'll be tested, making the likelyhood of them cheating and getting away, slim to none. which is why GBP are insisting on RANDOM tests.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
      you're drawing your own conclusions here buddy.....

do you NOT think everyone would make a fuss, if pac got tested all 5 times during fight week? even as a mayweather fan, i'd say that's unreasonable, and ridiculous.....you're reaching now......

to your other point, i'll ask my same question again...when has mayweather NOT made the 147 lb. limit???

and i notice how you posted mayweather's REFUSAL, and not INABILITY. that goes a long way towards backing up your statement.
      Of course everyone would make a fuss but that's essentially what they would be signing up for. Random meaning USADA would be well within their rights to do as many tests as close to fight as they saw fit. They would have also been well within their rights to take a blood test the day of the fight and skip the test after the fight. Could also be vice-versa where Floyd ends up gettin tested consecutively while Pacquiao doesnt. Which is why i've been against it. In the end it's not fair at all for either fighter.

And it's not about mayweather not making the 147lb limit. it's about not making the contractual weight. And i say REFUSAL as opposed to inability because Floyd was clearly seen casually downing 2 bottles of water at the final press conference the day before the weighin as if weight wasnt a concern at all when he should have been in the final stages of cutting that last 1-2lbs.
      Last edited by shadeyfizzle; 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanside View Post
        Floyd wants to set a new standard in boxing. In trying to be consistent, do you think Floyd will demand Olympic style blood testing should he fight Matthew Hatton in the UK?
        no, because Hatton has near to 0 chance of winning the fight to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
          there are roids that can leave your system within days and even hours.....

the test after the fight means nothing, b/c they KNOW when it will be, meaning they can cycle the guy off.

the whole point in having RANDOM tests, is that nobody knows when they'll be tested, making the likelyhood of them cheating and getting away, slim to none. which is why GBP are insisting on RANDOM tests.
          you are 5 steps ahead of us. this has never been mentioned in this board before. never.

Comment

Working...
          X