No announcement yet.

Floyd does not study tape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd does not study tape

i found this interesting maybe thats the reason no one can touch him he free lances it in the ring.

more like "freestyles"...I liken it to rappers that never write a verse, such as JayZ or Lil Wayne. They never write a word on paper, or prepare for the booth, they just go in and turn on a switch in their brains, and voila.

And amateur boxers pretty much all do that too.. Like I never know who my opponent will be in an amateur match until basically I walk in the squared circle, so how am I gonna watch tape or prepare for a specific opponent? By just developing my style and assurance in the ring, thats how.

The difference is, Floyd can still do that with world class opponents, which is amazing.

Comment

I dont believe him, sounds like something he tells the media. Both he and Roger are pretty good students of the boxing game, it doesnt make sense that they wouldnt watch a little tape to at least understand what the other fighter brings to the table.

Prob more like he doesnt base his entire game plan off of what's seen in tapes.

Comment

you dont actually believe that guy do you? he's one of the most PROVEN liers in the sport, your a dumbass if you fall for what that dumbass says

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
          I dont believe him, sounds like something he tells the media. Both he and Roger are pretty good students of the boxing game, it doesnt make sense that they wouldnt watch a little tape to at least understand what the other fighter brings to the table.

Prob more like he doesnt base his entire game plan off of what's seen in tapes.
          This. Obviously it helps to know the core of your opponent's style. But unless they're str8 up one dimensional, fighters won't approach every single fight the exact same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
            more like "freestyles"...I liken it to rappers that never write a verse, such as JayZ or Lil Wayne. They never write a word on paper, or prepare for the booth, they just go in and turn on a switch in their brains, and voila.

And amateur boxers pretty much all do that too.. Like I never know who my opponent will be in an amateur match until basically I walk in the squared circle, so how am I gonna watch tape or prepare for a specific opponent? By just developing my style and assurance in the ring, thats how.

The difference is, Floyd can still do that with world class opponents, which is amazing.
            LOL, Jay writes his ****, so does Wayne. You can't honestly believe all of their songs are freestyles.

Comment

He probably does watch a bit of a fighter's past fights. But he trusts the judgment of his dad and uncle enough not to have to rely on it solely to figure out how to beat a guy. I think his uncle studies the opponent's game and devises a strategy based on what he observes. They focus on what needs to be worked on in the gym.

He has stated that he doesn't go by a fighter's past fights because every fight is different and he has learned to adapt to changes in his opponent's strategy on the go.

Comment

and you believe what he says? lolz

Comment

I think he watches tape, but does free lance a little once he's in the ring. He mixes gameplan and free lance.

Comment

He probably doesn't create a plan in his mind as this would put him into a mental state where if he goes into a fight with a plan and it does not work he would have problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X