How do boxers do it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do boxers do it?

Okay.

Well i have to do weight every two days or i get really small.

Even if i box every night my triceps and biceps go tiny. My shoulders stay normal. And everything else shrinks.

How do boxers look so built? I have been told they don't do weights leading up to a fight.

How did RJJ get those biceps for the trinidad fight? I want to know these things? How is Lacy so massive?

And these guys don't do weights and just box. When i do that i go anorexic.

?

Everyone's body is different. There are guys in my weight class who are 6'4" and built like whippets, and guys in my weight class who are 5'6" and built like bulldogs.

My regular sparring partner is the same height and weight (and age) as me -- we're right at the top end of middleweight at 5'9" -- but his pecs and biceps are huge whereas my back and shoulders are much wider. I look bigger than him with a shirt on; he looks bigger than me with his shirt off. It's genetics and your exercise routine.

What matters is, learning to fight with what the Good Lord gave you. I have a 30" inseam and a 36" sleeve. I am built like an orangutan. With arms as long as mine, I don't need big biceps; long arms mean long muscles, which give me more leverage with less mass. My sparring partner has a 34" inseam and 32" sleeves, and his biceps push out the sleeves of his shirts.

Just keep boxing and eating right and your body will do what it has to do to make you fight your best, even though you may not be "body beautiful" when you hit your optimum fighting ability. Few people are.

Trust your body; it's smarter than you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
      Okay.

Well i have to do weight every two days or i get really small.

Even if i box every night my triceps and biceps go tiny. My shoulders stay normal. And everything else shrinks.

How do boxers look so built? I have been told they don't do weights leading up to a fight.

How did RJJ get those biceps for the trinidad fight? I want to know these things? How is Lacy so massive?

And these guys don't do weights and just box. When i do that i go anorexic.

?
      Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
      Everyone's body is different. There are guys in my weight class who are 6'4" and built like whippets, and guys in my weight class who are 5'6" and built like bulldogs.

My regular sparring partner is the same height and weight (and age) as me -- we're right at the top end of middleweight at 5'9" -- but his pecs and biceps are huge whereas my back and shoulders are much wider. I look bigger than him with a shirt on; he looks bigger than me with his shirt off. It's genetics and your exercise routine.

What matters is, learning to fight with what the Good Lord gave you. I have a 30" inseam and a 36" sleeve. I am built like an orangutan. With arms as long as mine, I don't need big biceps; long arms mean long muscles, which give me more leverage with less mass. My sparring partner has a 34" inseam and 32" sleeves, and his biceps push out the sleeves of his shirts.

Just keep boxing and eating right and your body will do what it has to do to make you fight your best, even though you may not be "body beautiful" when you hit your optimum fighting ability. Few people are.

Trust your body; it's smarter than you are.
      it's boxing not bodybuilding, who cares what u look like? i'm nothing to look at, just a skinny ugly hairy little guy. i have flat biceps, which means no matter how much weight i lift they'll always be small. the kid i knocked out took one look at me and laughed, once the fists started flying i put him on the floor. i like looking unintimidating, it's more of a surprise when i knock u out

Comment

im sick of people bitching about their muscles for petes sake its boxing not bodybuliding if your concerned about your biceps shoot up some steroids and start pumping iron and cancel your membership at the boxing gym cos thats not what boxing is about

Comment

When I take my shirt off you cant even see what my body looks like because excessive amounts of body hair....I consider it to be like a weird kind of camouflage.....no one can see whats coming....not even me...

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
            When I take my shirt off you cant even see what my body looks like because excessive amounts of body hair....I consider it to be like a weird kind of camouflage.....no one can see whats coming....not even me...
            very nice detroit, camo...lol. anyway, as previously stated, boxing is not a body building sport. I mean, in my daily workout routine, I do lift, HOWEVER, I use the low weight/high rep technique, builds stamina and helps develope your twitch reflexes. really though, the only other thing i use weights for, is to sit one on my lap for a wall sit, or sit it on my chest for sit-ups. its all about the abs, my friend.

Comment

Genetics man, everyone is different, look at Morales he had skinny arms and legs but could hit like a mule

Comment

I don't give a damn what none says, I lift wieghts! There's nothing like stepping into the ring looking like a machine...Its another mental edge...

I've had guys I sparred with come in going HARD the 1st round, then running out of gas. Dude tells me "I had to come in and try to put you away, all them muscles popping out, I had to show you what I was made of" and of course I whooped that ass the 2nd and 3rd round.

However I don't look like arnold swarz, I'm 5'5 or 6 and around 135. But I'm serious!

why not lift wieghts...

Comment

HERE IS THE ANSWER

Boxing is so intense that you not only burn off fat stores for fuel you burn off muscle stores as well.

Some advice: up your protein ALOT and you will retain more muscle. I went through-go throught the same thing.

Comment

I lift weights but punching bag non stop for an hour and other exercises with medicine ball is better imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X