No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

According to multiple industry sources, Gennady Golovkin's October 17 clash with David Lemieux sold approximately 150,000 pay-per-view units. Although one source informed us that the final tally will be "less than that", we're told some numbers are "still trickling in", so they expect "roughly 150 [thousand]."

This was Golovkin's first foray into the pay-per-view market. Although he failed to reach the 300,000 mark that previous stars like Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather attained in their first pay-per-view outings, the hard-hitting unified middleweight champion was a big hit at the gate, setting a pre-sale record and ultimately selling out Madison Square Garden with an attendance of 20,568. His performance, a dominant 8th-round stoppage, definitely gave fans something to talk about.
    https://t.co/VPj6GoCxcb

Do you consider this a success or a failure? Maybe GGG isn't the superstar people are saying just yet. Personally I expected to do around 300k but they did state anything over 200,000 was a success and it didn't quite reach that.

However, some good news: Golovkin vs. Lemieux set a Madison Square Garden record, selling over $120,000 in merch inside the arena for the event

Edit: Green is much appreciated
    Last edited by SalimShady1212; 10-21-2015, 06:16 PM.

That's a bit less than they had to be hoping.

Comment

Less than 150K?

Comment

fighthype? lol....

Comment

If true its the number i expected. And according to his own team its a failure. Throw in that you had $10 tix still available 2 days before speaks loudly.

But still good for boxing

Comment

Not good if true. I thought it would exceed 200k with GGG's rise in popularity.

Comment

Nothing is confirmed until Big Papa Rick Glaser puts out the real number.

Comment

PPV is a dying model folks...Mayweather Berto did terrible and now this....if there's not 2 A side fighters people don't wanna pay..

Next months fight will do huge numbers I assume because it's 2 stars..

Comment

holly****..............thats crap. they were expecting 300k

Comment

He's not a superstar.. do you really believe his 8 trolling fans that say he is? There's a thread on here asking what we thought the last 3 ppv fights of this year would make. I'm sure 200k is what a lot of ppl guessed.

A failure? eh. I figured this fight wouldn't do huge numbers so I'm not surpised. It's an ok number for his first ppv considering that he's only been fighting in the U.S for a little under 4 years now

Comment

Working...
                    X