Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Video) my uncle winning his first world title.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Video) my uncle winning his first world title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwn3x...ctor%20camacho

camacho was a beast man, those are some fast hands.

Comment

woooooooo! that 2nd knockdown in the 5th was great

fast hands baby
      Last edited by puppy_dogg; 04-12-2006, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Bazooka looked like he was drugged no heartbeat what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin
          Bazooka looked like he was drugged no heartbeat what so ever
          I think the issue was that he was outclassed by the younger, faster better skilled fighter.

Comment

saw it years ago

I remember watching it years ago. Bazooka Limon was very slow, especially on his feet, and his punching technique was not that good either. I guess his main assets were his durability, stamina and good chin. He did manage a few good wins in his career, although I didn't see them.

In any case this was an easy fight for the young Camacho. Later in Hector's career he became known for running and clinching, but that was after his fight with Rosario in June 1986. During the Limon fight, Hector had no reason to either run or clinch, since Limon was outclassed.

I just downloaded and watched Bazooka Limon-Bobby Chacon 4, the 1982 fight of the year, and a couple of things should be said on Limon's behalf: he was an excellent combination puncher and body puncher when he got a man pinned to the ropes, and he had a good jab. For a slow guy with poor technique for a world champion he won a lot of fights and beat some great fighters. He got the job done even if he didn't always look that great doing it.
            Last edited by mokele; 04-13-2006, 11:20 PM. Reason: just watched a fight

Comment

rosario wrecked him. it's a shame because if camacho would of put aside all the drugs, girls, and partying we might of just had an all-timer. after rosario starched him, he turned into a boring, safety-first fighter who was more of a showman then a champion.

Comment

Working...
              X