Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you be rooting for, Dawson or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the best man to win~

Comment

Not a huge fan of either, but I like them both. Just hoping for a good fight.

Comment

I like them both, and was rooting for just a good fight before I learned that Ward turned down a 170 catchweight and that's why Dawson had to settle for 168. Even though I still like them both, I would like Dawson to win. I want to see him taking that Ring title from Ward, and the WBC and WBA titles.

I really think this fight will be close though, like 7-5 either way, and I definitely can see a Draw too.

Comment

Ward one is the best Boxers today, also one of the most underrated. Dawson will be his biggest test, but I don't think we seen all the tricks on his bag. He continues to evolve

Comment

on the one hand, i'd like for my allegiance to lie with dawson. i've paid a lot of money to take my father and brother to one of his fights and sit ringside. he's from nearby. i've met him. i've been able to be a "fan" in that reguard. maybe it's a regional thing. andre ward doesnt fight in connecticut.

but ward does so many of the things you want to see from a fighter. chad is one step away from becoming the fighter andre ward is today. dawson is probably more talented. ward is a better fighter. he's a winner. he does exactly what he needs to do. dawson hesitates, ward doesn't. where dawson comes up short, ward will pull ahead. i'm convinced now that dawson's shortcomings are mental. you've got to appreciate that winning mentality from ward, so in that sense you've got to pull for andre ward if you love boxing and have a pulse. the guy is a winner.

i like what andre ward does in the ring more.
            dawson is a regional product that i've got to own. "you dont think new england produces great fighters anymore?" take a look at chad dawson.

hard to say. i hate to do it, but i'm voting for andre ward. sorry chad.
            Last edited by New England; 08-21-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              I'm rooting for Dawson to look good at the weigh in...... Come fight time just hoping for a good fight..... I like both

amen dude

amen

Comment

Chad Dawson is from New England? I thought he was born in South Carolina and raised in New Haven, CT.

Comment

In a way I could root for Dawson, I think his dad trained at my gym back in the late 70s I know Dawson did under the eyes of Brian Clarke the head trainer there now. My son tells me his dad was there but he wasn't a competitor so I don't remember him. I do remember a Dawson family in New Haven that grew up where I did.
                  I hope he does well and takes some of his winnings and makes a nice gift back to Brian and the kids at Ring One where he got his start under the guidance of someone who spent alot of time and raised some money to support his J.O and Open class career. Wouldn't be nice if all the fighters gave back to the gyms that still help the youth from their areas?
                  Maybe he does!!!! Most act like they learned their skills while sleeping!!! HA!
                  Ray.
                  he learned to box from Brian Clarke at the Ring One Boxing Club, New Haven Conn. established in 1979, by Me!!!
                  Last edited by Ray Corso; 08-21-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    In a way I could root for Dawson, I think his dad trained at my gym back in the late 70s I know Dawson did under the eyes of Brian Clarke the head trainer there now. My son tells me his dad was there but he wasn't a competitor so I don't remember him. I do remember a Dawson family in New Haven that grew up where I did.
                    I hope he does well and takes some of his winnings and makes a nice gift back to Brian and the kids at Ring One where he got his start under the guidance of someone who spent alot of time and raised some money to support his J.O and Open class career. Wouldn't be nice if all the fighters gave back to the gyms that still help the youth from their areas?
                    Maybe he does!!!! Most act like they learned their skills while sleeping!!! HA!
                    Ray.
                    he learned to box from Brian Clarke at the Ring One Boxing Club, New Haven Conn. established in 1979, by Me!!!
                    Disgusting.

Comment

Yeah pros who benefit from youth clubs that are non profit shouldn't support their home towns or the clubs that supported them! I'm not saying he does or doesn't but any time I get a chance to share my opinion on that topic I do!! You see when you run a club that relies on the community to serve its kids who are good enough to be national compeitiors like my kids and Brians kids did and are you need alot of help to do it!! Kev you know that don't you? From all your experience from raising money for your kids, Right! Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X