No announcement yet.

Joe Rogan supports Mark Hunt replacing Reem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
    Hunt would brutally get KO'd. This isn't 2003 guys.

This Hunt hype train is annoying. I like hunt, I always have but throwing him in there with a very fast and powerful and well timed striker like JDS is suicidal. Hunts too slow right now and that chin can only take so much. JDS would wear him down eventually and finish him off.
    Kind of like Roy Nelson when he fought JDS, right.

Can you imagine what Hunt would do to Nelson? JDS pummeled him for 3 rounds and yet couldn't get the stoppage.

Comment

Overeem + better chin - sub skills = Hunt...

Comment

He got caught cold against Manhoef whose an explosive fighter with ferocious 1 punch K.O power in each hand.

I like JDS a lot but all hes ever shown is rather basic boxing IMO anyway! JDS don't want to stand with Hunt.

I'd much rather a guy like Hunt go for it than someone like Frank Mir who has a brittle chin, horrible stand up & questionable stamina himself.
        Sure his ground game is very solid but he rarely utilizes it.

Comment

Josh Barnett would be another good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
            Hunt would brutally get KO'd. This isn't 2003 guys.

This Hunt hype train is annoying. I like hunt, I always have but throwing him in there with a very fast and powerful and well timed striker like JDS is suicidal. Hunts too slow right now and that chin can only take so much. JDS would wear him down eventually and finish him off.
            somebody show me where this 'very fast, very timed' is coming from.

if Roy Nelson was able to tag him a couple times.. with a right hand... Hunto poses more of a risk than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              People get caught more easily in the early going. It's called being caught cold. Once you are into the fight and loosened up you don't get caught as easily. Also as the gif clearly shows he runs straight into the right hand. He obviously took him lightly, which is why he charged in carelessly at the beginning of the fight. Pretty hard to have a serious discussion with ignorant people though.
              Guess what, JDS is an expert in catching people cold in the early goings and Hunt is reckless, much older and slower. You guys acted like Hunt being knocked out would be impossible. I've shown that that is far from the case, and like always you get mad and start throwing personal insults around.

Hunt is not the same striker he was in K-1. The last time he fought a very good striker, you saw what happened. Kongo has been getting blasted by everybody so I don't see that victory as fact that he would beat JDS.

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              That's the only fight where Hunt ever got caught, he got caught cold. Quit ****ing hating.

Your boy Reem or anyone else in the HW division couldn't walk through this...

Nobody is hating. We're simply stating that we think JDS would KO Hunt and supporting that argument with facts.

Btw, Cro Cop didn't land that kick as well as he could. They fought in K-1 as well and this is what happened when Mirko landed that kick properly.

1:06

A few more ground and pound punches and it would have been a KO loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                Kind of like Roy Nelson when he fought JDS, right.

Can you imagine what Hunt would do to Nelson? JDS pummeled him for 3 rounds and yet couldn't get the stoppage.
                In the same token, Hunt pummeled Rothwell for 3 rounds and couldn't finish him either. Can you imagine what JDS would do to Rothwell?

Comment

if they stand and trade,hunts got a good chance of taking his head off,im all for this fight

make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                    Guess what, JDS is an expert in catching people cold in the early goings and Hunt is reckless, much older and slower. You guys acted like Hunt being knocked out would be impossible. I've shown that that is far from the case, and like always you get mad and start throwing personal insults around.

Hunt is not the same striker he was in K-1. The last time he fought a very good striker, you saw what happened. Kongo has been getting blasted by everybody so I don't see that victory as fact that he would beat JDS.

Nobody is hating. We're simply stating that we think JDS would KO Hunt and supporting that argument with facts.

Btw, Cro Cop didn't land that kick as well as he could. They fought in K-1 as well and this is what happened when Mirko landed that kick properly.

1:06

A few more ground and pound punches and it would have been a KO loss.
                    It's almost 12:30am, and I feel like calling family right now and don't feel like responding too much, but what have you seen to make you suggest that JDS is an "expert in catching people cold"? The Werdum fight? Because while Werdum was certainly caught cold, I fail to see how JDS is an expert at catching people. If anything, that fight helps augment my point about people being more vulnerable in the beginning couple of minutes. I for one doubt Werdum would be caught again like that, for one thing.

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                    In the same token, Hunt pummeled Rothwell for 3 rounds and couldn't finish him either. Can you imagine what JDS would do to Rothwell?
                    Hunt was mostly worried about takedowns in that fight. Everyone was saying Rothwell was going to lay and pray Hunt. Hunt was able to stop the takedowns and take Rothwell out of his element. The fight actually played out entirely as I predicted it would (not that anyone wants to dig through a forum, but my prediction is at teamtakeover.forum-express.com . I received props for my spot-on pick, which was that Hunt would be able to stop Rothwell's sub-par wrestling and brawl his way to victory).

To be sure, Hunt hasn't done enough to earn a title shot. But on the basis of circumstances, he isn't the worst pick out there. And of course, styles make fights. Hunt could beat JDS. I wouldn't say so if he wasn't currently training for a fight, but because he is on the card and will presumably show up in shape based on having a full training camp, he has a good shot. If he was a last minute replacement who hadn't been in training, that would be one thing. But Hunt at his best, has the potential to win this fight.

Comment

Hunto for champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X