Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Jermall Charlo Will Beat Triple-G and Canelo at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    It's really this simple. I'm not even sure Canelo would be the betting favorite if they fought. GGG definitely would though.
    Why wouldn't Canelo be the favorite if they fought? Who has Charlo beaten to make anyone think he's elite?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      SMH, and Crawford will beat you.
      I'm sure he read this ....

Comment

Originally posted by BDG View Post
        Hurd vs Charlo will be later next year since Hurd just had shoulder surgery. I don't know how long a rotator cuff puts you out, but I'm sure Charlo will have to take another fight now.
        Whoa today? Hadn't heard about it.

Comment

Charlo will KO Gennady. I was the first one to start saying that. Now its getting trendy.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know if it was today, but I just saw a video showing him at the hospital. Said he injured it before the Laura fight and had to get it fixed.
            It's on fighthype now.

Comment

I recall that, but his brother was saying some things that seemed to contradict that statement.

I don't think we'll see any major moves by them until Jermell fights Hurd. They can't afford to miss that opportunity. If he locks up those belts, they can run up the price if that's what they want to do.

But I don't think they have a true plan yet.
              they will sign before then. Especially with Hurd just having surgery plus the WBA already ordered the Lara rematch so it would be next year before that fight could happen anyway

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                Both Spence and Crawford were on the breakfast club this week they’re starting the marination and fight will happen by this time next year and it will sell.
                That’s some Leonard-Hagler throwback ****. My dream fight. Gettin’ wood just envisioning it.

Comment

Yep, so the Charlo fight will be next year sometime. Maybe we get a Lara vs Charlo fight instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    Why wouldn't Canelo be the favorite if they fought? Who has Charlo beaten to make anyone think he's elite?
                    I think there's some factors there that really work against Canelo. Two big ones:

(1) He's never fought a guy that big. He'll be giving up a lot of reach and size to a guy that has a pretty solid jab.

(2) His only decisive (meaning clear) win against a true top fighter in the last 5 years came against Miguel Cotto. A 5'7 guy who was well past his best days.

Canelo needs to put on a show in September b/c he's been in cruise control for a while. Not that Charlo is all that elite, but I think he's obviously a bigger threat than every guy Canelo has faced since Floyd, excluding GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by BDG View Post
                      Yep, so the Charlo fight will be next year sometime. Maybe we get a Lara vs Charlo fight instead.
                      That'd be fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X