Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeff Horn vs. Gary Corcoran Set For December 13, Brisbane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jeff Horn vs. Gary Corcoran Set For December 13, Brisbane

It was announced in Australia that Jeff Horn will defend his WBO welterweight title against England's Gary Corcoran (17-1, 7 KOs) in Brisbane on December 13. News Corp Australia reported that the world champion boxer had locked in a two-fight deal with the State Government and Brisbane City Council. For Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs), the Corcoran bout will be his first since a points decision win over eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao back in July.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Horn's a funny guy. First he was calling out Mayweather, now he wants McGregor. It's good to know where his head's at.

Comment

I like Horn, and was happy to see him beat Pacman. I don't know how he should be going about managing his career now. He has catapulted himself into the limelight, being lucky enough to catch Pac at the exact right time. He has an opportunity that is perhaps beyond what his actual ability has earned.

So what does he do to capitalise on this? Personally I think he needs to look at making as much cash in his next two fights as possible. He can probably forget legacy - he won't be beating any names bigger than Pac, and he won't be beating any of the big names in or around his division.

He has two big fights, max, until the limelight is well and truly off him. I can't see how Corcoran fits into that picture. Unless Horn is planning on lots of weak fights, selling them to the domestic public, to milk his sudden fame for as long as possible?

Comment

Wonder if this fight will be on ESPN since its on a Wednesday... Hope so!
        Horn isn't that good but he is fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          So what does he do to capitalise on this? Personally I think he needs to look at making as much cash in his next two fights as possible. He can probably forget legacy - he won't be beating any names bigger than Pac, and he won't be beating any of the big names in or around his division.
          Oh, I don't know. I think Jeff "The Hornet" Horn would
          • Stop Andre Berto inside of 10 rounds
          • Make Victor Ortiz quit inside of 7 rounds

Those would be money fights for him.

Comment

Guys like Mr. Fantastic have no problem with this fight but are criticizing Spence for fighting Lamont Peterson.

Apply the same standards to all fighters, that's all I ask.

Comment

I don't think I would even stream this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Oh, I don't know. I think Jeff "The Hornet" Horn would
                • Stop Andre Berto inside of 10 rounds
                • Make Victor Ortiz quit inside of 7 rounds

Those would be money fights for him.
                I see both of those as better fights for him. To be honest, those were exactly the types I was hoping he would take.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Guys like Mr. Fantastic have no problem with this fight but are criticizing Spence for fighting Lamont Peterson.

Apply the same standards to all fighters, that's all I ask.
                    You're an idiot. You dudes need to make shit up cause that's the only thing you fools can do.

Comment

Working...
                    X