No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Offers Wilder $12.5M flat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    This is the exact same PR **** De La Hoya tried to pull when negotiating Canelo-GGG, the fools will buy into this though...🤣🤣
    Yup the gennady groupies who complained when Oscar offered a flat fee will say this is a great offer

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Was Pacquiao offered 6x his highest payday? This isn't the same at all. For it to be comparable Joshua would have to offer Wilder $4 mil.
      Why does the amount have to be the same multiple for us to compare the situation? That is ridiculous.

The situations are comparable because both Wilder and Manny got offered what is below market and not fair, based on the amount the fight is expected to gross.

If PensionKiller was against Manny taking that offer because it didn't represent a fair portion of expected gross, he should say the same thing here since Wilder's take also isn't a fair portion of the expected gross.

He is extremely hypocritical. if you disagree, so be it. Either way its not worth derailing the thread over.

Comment

It's a lot of money but it should be done in %.

If it's true, i remember Hearn and Arum both saying Golden Boy were trying to get out of the fight with GGG by offering a flat fee, saying the business doesn't work that way and they did it knowing that nobody is going to negotiate with %'s.

I doubt it's true anyway but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          This is the exact same PR **** De La Hoya tried to pull when negotiating Canelo-GGG, the fools will buy into this though...🤣🤣
          Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          Yup the gennady groupies who complained when Oscar offered a flat fee will say this is a great offer
          This is a good point.

Comment

If the fight is going to us PPV I think it would be smarter and fairer to have wilder on a percentage. That way he'll bust a gut to sell it and hopefully drive up the revenue for everyone. Wilder isn't the commercial force AJ is, but he deserves some respect nonetheless. The flat fee aspect seems excessively hardball to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              Flat fees don't work in boxing. Joshua is not the hvw champion. I trust that Haymon will get Wilder a good deal.
              So who is the heavyweight champion?

Wilder has won two less titles, two less unification fights and defeated 2 less world champions.

Don't give me this crap about how the WBC is the "only title" because I doubt Javier Castieljo was the 154-pound champ and Trinidad was nothing but in 2000 or Adonis Stevenson was the 175-champ and Ward-Kovalev was for paper titles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Why does the amount have to be the same multiple for us to compare the situation? That is ridiculous.

The situations are comparable because both Wilder and Manny got offered what is below market and not fair, based on the amount the fight is expected to gross.

If PensionKiller was against Manny taking that offer because it didn't represent a fair portion of expected gross, he should say the same thing here since Wilder's take also isn't a fair portion of the expected gross.

He is extremely hypocritical. if you disagree, so be it. Either way its not worth derailing the thread over.
                You're insane if you think offering a fighter 6x than they've ever made isn't fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                  LOL imagine Hearn talking to Wilder, offering him 12.5 mil and Wilder out of the sudden screaming on top of his lungs: 10 MILLION OR NO FIGHT!
                  This is it haha

Hearn should offer the 12mil or a mystery box with flashing lights and shlt

Wilder would take the box

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    So who is the heavyweight champion?

Wilder has won two less titles, two less unification fights and defeated 2 less world champions.

Don't give me this crap about how the WBC is the "only title" because I doubt Javier Castieljo was the 154-pound champ and Trinidad was nothing but in 2000 or Adonis Stevenson was the 175-champ and Ward-Kovalev was for paper titles.
                    Their fight will decide who the champ is. Joshua isn't the hvw champion and that's a fact. Bogus titles are and will always be bogus titles. Lineal champions are always champions over other guys who hold trinkets. Castillejo and Stevenson I believe were and are lineal champions.

Comment

Lets break it down shall we?

12.5 Million after taxes we get around 6 million, but just for the sake of devil's advocate lets say Wilder manages to clear

8million

After paying all the people he needs to trainers, gym people, etc

Lets put him at 7 million.

I guess the real question is does 7 million do enough for him when this might be his biggest fight? Is the risk worth it?

If you are Wilder would you rather fight two more guys and take home a few million and let this fight build...Or do you just go for it and hope you do well enough?

If it was me I would have a rematch clause and take this, or a similar offer.

Regarding percentage versus flat fee: Keep in mind that Wilder is a boxer and not a salesman. I don't see guys promoting fights very well these days frankly. Do I want to risk flat sales? I don't know it would depend on what the numbers tell me.

Yes Oscar was being slick with Canelo but Canelo has always had a very large and loyal following. I don't know how much activity Joshua generates by comparison.
                      Last edited by billeau2; 04-10-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X