No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis is terrified of Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gervonta Davis is terrified of Lomachenko

After Davis won his title I said he should get 3 or 4 more fights under his belt before taking on Lomachenko. He's going into his 3rd fight since winning his belt. If he feels he still ain't readyb he'll never be ready.

To the people who are still Davis fans. What's the point of being a Davis fan if he doesn't want to prove he's the best?

It is very obvious, yes

Comment

Loma is in a higher weight class so it don't matter any more.

Comment

Davis is obviously thinking on a business perspective side of things, he realizes that boxing still markets that 0 in fighters records. Whilst I don't agree with his decision it his nevertheless his decision to make, I think fighting Lomachenko right now would give Davis a good measure of experience and realization on what he still needs to work on assuming if he does lose, in short I don't think losing to Lomachenko harms Davis at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BombSquad View Post
          Davis is obviously thinking on a business perspective side of things, he realizes that boxing still markets that 0 in fighters records. Whilst I don't agree with his decision it his nevertheless his decision to make, I think fighting Lomachenko right now would give Davis a good measure of experience and realization on what he still needs to work on assuming if he does lose, in short I don't think losing to Lomachenko harms Davis at all.
          It would severely hurt his confidence and break an already half mentally unstable kid.

Comment

Yes he absolutely is

New excuse will be: "But Loma at Lightweight now tho"

Tank will have to move to Lightweight soon he is too big

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
              It would severely hurt his confidence and break an already half mentally unstable kid.
              I doubt that, he has been to jail had a hard upbringing he isn't a soft touch who would have a mental breakdown like Broner.

Comment

From Davis side he sounds more worried about the business side (Building it to make more money) than being scared of Loma, I don’t want to believe that he is scared.

Comment

He don't want that work

Comment

Originally posted by BombSquad View Post
                    What Davis, and a lot of fighters nowadays don't seem to understand, is that it's very difficult to become a true "star" in boxing. You certainly won't get there by fighting guys like Cuellar.

What in this kid's mind makes him think anybody is coughing up $70 to watch he and Lomachenko next year? A lot of these guys kill me, because they want the superstar paychecks, but don't want to put in the work to get there. I like Tank, but he's not PPV TV for me, and I don't know who he plans on fighting to get him there. It's obvious that the fighters that could bring him recognition, he has no interest in fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X