No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Overcomes Scare, Decisions Josesito Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
    "This what makes Floyd Mayweather really damn good. He returned after nearly a years retirement, and schooled Juan Manuel Marquez the 2nd pound for pound boxer in 2009 while Keith Thurman struggled against a C Level boxer in Josesito Lopez after his nearly 2 years hiatus."
    Let's not leave out the tiny detail that Juan was coming up in weight and looked pudgy in that fight. Bad comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
      I know this was tune-up, but what the hell. Even Berto stopped this guy. One time fought like bum time.
      DeMarco stopped Molina Jr in 1 Rd, took Crawford 8. Using your logic, DeMarco is better than Crawford, lol. People really need to stop using triangle theories... like, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
        How does this make any sense? He beat 2 opponents better than anyone the 2 fighters you claim are the elite ones have. Jury is still out on both Spence and Crawford. Spence may very well be the best of them. But he hasn't proved it. Thurman proved he can beat top guys/big names.
        Not only that, but he beat 2 of the top guys, back to back. I can't think of an active boxer who's done that and won. Boxing is such a "what have you done for me lately" sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
          I’ve never been impressed by Keith and I’m still not now. He won two razor close decisions vs Danny and Shawn and wanted HOF acclaim. He does not want to fight Spence and this version doesn’t want 40 year old pac either
          I didn’t think his fight with Garcia was necessarily close. It was more of Thurman doing just enough work to win almost all of the rounds in a very lackluster fight that was supposed to be a thrilling fight, but I get your point. I’ve never been high on Keith either.

Pacquiao definitely has a chance at beating Keith. Spence would for sure run through Keith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Rotch View Post
            Let's not leave out the tiny detail that Juan was coming up in weight and looked pudgy in that fight. Bad comparison.
            Josecito had love handles

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Rotch View Post
              Lopez won 2 rounds at best. Thurman had a bad round, so what? It happens.
              Josesito almost Koed him, so it was not just a case of a bad round ...

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Majority decision? LOL, that means that judge saw it 7-5 Josesito's way. NO WAY!!!!

Same thing when DSG got that one card against Thurman.

Seems like the judges don't like how much he moves in 2nd half of fights and score it the opposite way.
                7-5 josesitos way would have been 114 for josesito. That judge probably scored it 6-6 with round 4 being 8 points for josesito and probably scored the 7th a 10-8 round for Lopez making it 113-113

Comment

• Keith is not ready for Crawford or Spence. A Jessie Vargas or Sadam Ali fight should be next and soon. If he beats one of those dudes then a Pacman fight makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    10 straight wins my dude

#DubNation
                    #DubNation

We out-chea dealing with heavy hate bruh, Dubs just keep winning. 5 All-Stars starting and a former all-star/FMVP coming off the bench like true savages.

LMAO. Warriors glitched the NBA. LeQuit might as well just retire he will never play in a finals again.

Comment

• Keith did a good job of sticking on the move in the first half, landed great counters,very good movement but has no defense beside his feet and ate bunch of overhand rights and started running too much, he's exciting but fragile. And Thurman is also telegraphing a lot of his shots. His quickness and reflexes were looking good, but looks like he gets easily hurt and than starts running. He's excellent in some departments and awful in others. I guess that he is who he is and he isn't going to change, althought I've seen some improvements from him.

Comment

Working...
                      X