Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-House Fight Night - Dec 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck tomorrow. Give yourself plenty of opportunity to rest.

Comment

• Tonight is the event. I'd like to thank everyone that jumped in to answer my questions and to offer support. All that is left to do is stay calm, eat well, hydrate, do a proper warmup, and put into action what I've been working on.

Sometime this weekend I'll type in how everything went.

Comment

• Best of luck to you tonight

Comment

• Fight Night is over. I'll post video as I find it. I took a 90% ass-whuppin and it was called in the final seconds of the first round. They guy, who was 10 years younger and 3" taller, took it to me from the opening bell and I had difficulty dealing with it. I did the best I could and gave him the best fight I could but it wasn't enought.

I enjoyed the entire process. I gave all I could and it wasn't enough. My opponents fight plan was on point and exactly what I would have trouble with. Congrats to him. I have a busted lip but I know I gave all I could.

Comment

• Great attitude. Always draw the positives.
            One thing about a loss is all the learning opportunities it gives you.

Comment

• I gave one of my friends a pose before the fight.

Last edited by WonderMonkey; 12-08-2018, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
                I'm currently 260 lbs, at 6' 2". That's certainly higher than a human needs to be (generally) and I know the extra bodyfat both slows me down and saps energy. Additionally, as someone pointed out in another thread, it certainly can't help my calf/leg thing.

I've been cleaning up my nutrition, and it's in a good direction. Like many people, my downfall is weekend social events. I have to attend regular functions for work and community, and I need to do better when I'm there. During the week I do well, at these things I falter. It's a decision, of course.

Two years ago I got down to 222lbs, and I felt great. I thought I probably had 10 more lbs to go and then see what the mirror told me. If I can keep my effort up (leg, etc) then I'd like to think I can be in the 230's by the time the fight rolls around. I'll have to see what the balance of cutting unwanted bodyfat versus energy to train will be.
                You don't have what it takes to not be a fat ass. You are over 250 pounds and instead of doing anything for it you making up excuses and crying like a little girl. "Oh my poor calf! Oh, poor me. I'm so fat my legs can't even hold all this fat up! Now, I can't exercise."

Do you have any idea how weak and pathetic you sound? God dang, show at least a tiny bit of self-respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
                  You don't have what it takes to not be a fat ass. You are over 250 pounds and instead of doing anything for it you making up excuses and crying like a little girl. "Oh my poor calf! Oh, poor me. I'm so fat my legs can't even hold all this fat up! Now, I can't exercise."

Do you have any idea how weak and pathetic you sound? God dang, show at least a tiny bit of self-respect.
                  Ha, nice. No, I raised a family, completed my degree, coached kids through and to scholarship opportunities, and progressed my career. Along the way I made the typical easy choice to let myself go. Now that my last child is in college I am getting things under control. The calf and leg injury is a real thing.

So .... I can only assume you have all phases of your life under control? How's your retirement and bank account? Kids doing well and on their way to being productive adults? Have you helped other kids and families get THEIR lives under control and on a path to being good citizens? Do you donate and help others to the tune of most other people's salaries?

Any of that not happening? If so, then you may want to give it a try and see how easy it is to let another phase of your life go. I've decided to be a bit selfish and get myself right. Up until now and for the PAST 25 YEARS I've served others, primarily kids, to put them on a path to success. I'd do it again if it meant being a positive force for others.

Comment

Ha, nice. No, I raised a family, completed my degree, coached kids through and to scholarship opportunities, and progressed my career. Along the way I made the typical easy choice to let myself go. Now that my last child is in college I am getting things under control. The calf and leg injury is a real thing.

So .... I can only assume you have all phases of your life under control? How's your retirement and bank account? Kids doing well and on their way to being productive adults? Have you helped other kids and families get THEIR lives under control and on a path to being good citizens? Do you donate and help others to the tune of most other people's salaries?

Any of that not happening? If so, then you may want to give it a try and see how easy it is to let another phase of your life go. I've decided to be a bit selfish and get myself right. Up until now and for the PAST 25 YEARS I've served others, primarily kids, to put them on a path to success. I'd do it again if it meant being a positive force for others.
                    In other words, you're a fat ass. A fat ass that is crying because his legs hurt from holding up too much fat. Quit your whining and crying. Take some responsibility for yourself for once in your life. Its not your kids fault that you are so fat. That is really low to begin with. Trying to blame your kids for you being fat and lazy.

Comment

Fight Night is over. I'll post video as I find it. I took a 90% ass-whuppin and it was called in the final seconds of the first round. They guy, who was 10 years younger and 3" taller, took it to me from the opening bell and I had difficulty dealing with it. I did the best I could and gave him the best fight I could but it wasn't enought.

I enjoyed the entire process. I gave all I could and it wasn't enough. My opponents fight plan was on point and exactly what I would have trouble with. Congrats to him. I have a busted lip but I know I gave all I could.
                      I could have told you a long time ago that you were going to lose. You already made up excuses for when you fail. Winners don't try to come up with excuses, they try to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X