No announcement yet.

painful wrist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painful wrist

i notice that when im doing bag work, and doing a few right straights, my right wrist does tend to hurt slightly, but everything else is fine even the wrist is fine when doing other punches with my right, should i use a softer bad or slightly more padded gloves?

Originally posted by danthegoldenboy View Post
    i notice that when im doing bag work, and doing a few right straights, my right wrist does tend to hurt slightly, but everything else is fine even the wrist is fine when doing other punches with my right, should i use a softer bad or slightly more padded gloves?
    give padded gloves ago, borrow before you buy cause it might not be that. I would also look into how you're wrapping your wrists, as you might not have enough support.

you also need to think about your technique cause you could be punching wrong.

Comment

i havent tried wrapping my hands/wrists, if it makes that much of a difference i guess i wil by some wraps before i goto the gym again on monday

Comment

Originally posted by danthegoldenboy View Post
        i havent tried wrapping my hands/wrists, if it makes that much of a difference i guess i wil by some wraps before i goto the gym again on monday

Yap, It will surely make a difference

Comment

I couldn't box without my wrists wrapped. I'd break mine for sure. Make sure you learn how to do it and practice cause it might not come easy at first. Don't worry about the bags and the gloves, just go with the wrapping and see if it helps.

Comment

yeah you really need to wrap ya hands

if i didnt wrap mine i def. would have a few broken/sprained fingers by now

and plus you need to wrap ya hands for fights

Comment

the 1st time i went to the gym my technique was not great, but then a pro kinda took me under his wing, showing me the right techniques help with my balance etc, i was tending to lean back slightly after every combo and he worked with me for a good 30minutes making sure i dropped that out of my game because he said it would be easier to get knocked out leaning back.

my foot work is good now, like twisting my back foot (as if squishing grapes) whilst throwing a cross or things like that he helped me improve.

haha, by the way, i was trying to get some rythem to help me skip and it took me an hour or so to do it how i see proffesional boxers do it, that was some hard work and i was exhausted after, but i got that down now

Comment

awesome! keep at it and u pick it up!

Comment

Working...
                X