No announcement yet.

Stop Complaining: Overcoming Adversity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Complaining: Overcoming Adversity

I am writing this out in hopes that it might inspire a few of you to train even when you think you cannot.

When you think of training adversity what do you think of? Training through a cold, sore muscles, lack of motivation, bruised hands, broken hands?

I would kill to only have to deal with adversity like that.

About a year ago I started to bleed out my ass. I was surprised... hmm, I haven't been violently raped in the ass lately WTF is going on?

After many months, and many trips to various doctors, all of whom wanted to thread a nice big endoscope up my ass, I was still bleeding.

Finally I found a GI that wanted to put me to sleep and shove a huge camera up my ass.

Turns out I have Ulcerative Colitis. It is an incurable autoimmune disease were my body is actively trying to annihilate my intestines.

It frequently feels like I am being stabbed in the gut.

Thankfully after about 6 months we got my Colitis under control, but yesterday it flared up and I started to bleed out my ass again.

Through all of this I have missed a grand total of 2 days in the gym. 1 for my Colonoscopy, and 1 when I broke my toes.

Thats right, I trained 6 months 4 days a week while bleeding out my ass in varying degrees of excruciating pain, I continued sparring until my doctor insisted I give it a break until we got my bleeding under control, and I didn't complain about any of it.

Well that was very...descriptive. Sorry to hear about your sickness

Comment

Sorry to hear about your illness. That is some tough luck bro and I admire your strength to hang in there. The only thing I would advise to anyone who is going through adversity such is that is don't work too hard to the point where you're making your problem worse.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        I am writing this out in hopes that it might inspire a few of you to train even when you think you cannot.

When you think of training adversity what do you think of? Training through a cold, sore muscles, lack of motivation, bruised hands, broken hands?

About a year ago I started to bleed out my ass. I was surprised... hmm, I haven't been violently raped in the ass lately WTF is going on?

After many months, and many trips to various doctors, all of whom wanted to thread a nice big endoscope up my ass, I was still bleeding.

Finally I found a GI that wanted to put me to sleep and shove a huge camera up my ass.

Turns out I have Ulcerative Colitis. It is an incurable autoimmune disease were my body is actively trying to annihilate my intestines.

Thankfully after about 6 months we got my Colitis under control, but yesterday it flared up and I started to bleed out my ass again.

Through all of this I have missed a grand total of 2 days in the gym. 1 for my Colonoscopy, and 1 when I broke my toes.

Thats right, I trained 6 months 4 days a week while bleeding out my ass in varying degrees of excruciating pain, I continued sparring until my doctor insisted I give it a break until we got my bleeding under control, and I didn't complain about any of it.
        wow thats terrible.....good for you for training under those conditions.....

are you an active boxer? have you had any bouts during this time?

Comment

**** dude. that explains everything. it is all coming clearly now.

Comment

shawn id like to add i have a lot more respect for you after reading that

(assuming its not a sick joke)

Comment

/

lmao, i cant take this thread serious, yove posted a thread to motavaite people not to miss training sessions and youve tryed to motavate us by talking about blood that dripped from your arse, ????

il just watch some boxing videos when i want motavating....

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

Ladies and gentleman this is an acutal fighter here(shawn), unlike some of you other bastards that complain about their age, pills, shakes, and blaiming dogs for you loosing. Hey shawn sorry to hear about the colitis. I knew a kid last year in 11th grade that used to run his mouth alot and he had I guess the worst colitis. As the year passed by we got to know about it a little more, well one day were all walking out as 6th hour was over and I see him down the hall and I hear kids yelling. I made my way over there quick and another kid floored him to the stomach(im guessing people started finding out that he has a stomach disease as he was always complaining about it). YOU WOULDNT GUESS WHAT HAPPEND NEXT AFTER HE GOT HIT?

It started smelling and we find out he **** HIS PANTS! Of course when he showed up on Monday the colitis was his excuse for ****ting his pants. lol

Comment

Ahh

the urban-mythical male period aka :

the blob
                  the time of month
                  etc etc

sorry to hear

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
                    wow thats terrible.....good for you for training under those conditions.....

are you an active boxer? have you had any bouts during this time?
                    I have not fought since my diagnosis, but I am scheduled to fight on Sept 21, and I am fighting bleeding out my ass or not.

On the bright side, making weight is a cake walk when you have a disease the causes weightloss, lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X