Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Styles make fights right? So tell me why you are no longer interested in FMJ vs Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styles make fights right? So tell me why you are no longer interested in FMJ vs Pac

The phrase "styles make fights" is thrown around alot in the boxing world. I believe it to be true also. But if we believe this, why is it that alot of us are no longer interested in seeing how Pacquiao's style matches up against Mayweather's after last night?

It's more the fact that it will take time for Pac to recover mentally from a KO like that. It'll take time to build confidence back and with his current age, doesn't really leave much time. If Pac went straight into a fight with Floyd it'd mean nothing if Floyd won anyway as he seems to have a reputation of picking guys only once he sees weakness in them.

Comment

For most part if the fight ever gets put together I'd still be interested, I'm sure most people would be too.
      Although now Manny wouldn't have much leverage in the negotiations.

But really and truly don't think it'll ever happen now

Comment

I won't. I'll pay but I'll know the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
          The phrase "styles make fights" is thrown around alot in the boxing world. I believe it to be true also. But if we believe this, why is it that alot of us are no longer interested in seeing how Pacquiao's style matches up against Mayweather's after last night?
          i would still be very interested...however when applying the "styles make fights" argument to Mayweather v Pac i think it favors Mayweather tremendously...and the result last night does nothing to make me think any different

Comment

You're right when you say Styles make fights but lets look at something. Pac has a lot of trouble with Marquez because he's a great counterpuncher. Floyd is a bigger, stronger, faster, and better counterpuncher then Marquez. Not to mention that he's a defensive wizard. So in this case you can't go by styles make fights because Mayweathers style is all wrong for Pac. He toyed with Marquez and treated him like a sparring partner. Let's not forget that Floyd said himself that the Marquez fight was a warmup fight for him after being gone for so long.

Comment

Maybe because Pacquiao just got ktfo. Pacquiao might not be the same fighter after this fight, since people who get ktfo are never the same afterwards. But guess, what, Floyd Mayweather is gonna be known as "The Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" Fighter because all the best fights he wins are purely speculative. "Mayweather woulda beat this dude, Mayweather coulda beat this dude," is what the fans say. Forget that business.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
                It's more the fact that it will take time for Pac to recover mentally from a KO like that. It'll take time to build confidence back and with his current age, doesn't really leave much time. If Pac went straight into a fight with Floyd it'd mean nothing if Floyd won anyway as he seems to have a reputation of picking guys only once he sees weakness in them.
                If Manny can come back and win a few good fights against top competition and if Floyd stays active and doesn't lose a step, this is still a big fight. Too bad it'll never be as big as it could have been a few years ago.

Also, Manny isn't that old. He looked like his normal self last night. With the things that Mayweather, Marquez, Martinez, and BHop have been doing, the only thing stopping Manny is him not committing the majority of his time to boxing. I hope he backs out of politics until he decides to retire from the sport. He did say he will continue fighting, so hopefully this KO loss will make him hungrier.
                Last edited by sceneboxing; 12-09-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Styles make fights. Let's throw him in with a faster, stronger and possibly better counter puncher than the one that KO'd him.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                    Because Pacquiao is clearly WAY past his best, and Mayweather is fresh enough that the fight would be uncompetitive.

Comment

Working...
                    X