No announcement yet.

Gvozdyk vs Beterbiev prediction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gvozdyk vs Beterbiev prediction

I almost never make threads but Im really looking forward to this fight. Ive been on the fence since it was announced but Im going to make a bold (for me) prediction. My gut tells me Gvozdyk gets the decision here, there is a possibility of a late stoppage but Im leaning 12 rounds. Who ya got?

Really good match up. Tough to pick a winner on this one.
    My gut tells me Beterbiev will find his range with his power shots and eventually wear down Gvozdyk for a 11th round tko.
    But I can easily see a situation where Gvozdyk uses his sharp one two's and angles to win a close fight.

Comment

Yeah this is a really good one but I got Gvozdyk by Decision as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
        Really good match up. Tough to pick a winner on this one.
        My gut tells me Beterbiev will find his range with his power shots and eventually wear down Gvozdyk for a 11th round tko.
        But I can easily see a situation where Gvozdyk uses his sharp one two's and angles to win a close fight.
        Hard to argue with you. Beterbiev is a beast but I saw some serious flaws against Johnston. Had that fight not happened Id pick him hands down. If Gvozdyk gets him in trouble it will go bad I think but the same could be said the other way. I love these kind of match ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
          I almost never make threads but Im really looking forward to this fight. Ive been on the fence since it was announced but Im going to make a bold (for me) prediction. My gut tells me Gvozdyk gets the decision here, there is a possibility of a late stoppage but Im leaning 12 rounds. Who ya got?
          Gvozdyk by tko. AB is too easy to find

Comment

Most Russian media has this as Gvozdyk winning by decision. Chance of Beterbiev by KO in the first 4 or 5 rounds... after which, Gvozdyk will start breaking him down.

Both guys are very hit-able and Beterbiev is a very aggressive fighter which will work well with Gvozdyk.

Comment

Gvozdyk by late stoppage or clear U.D

Comment

Your pick is my #2 pick or hedge. I think this is like a lower budget Wilder vs Fury kinda fight where The Nail will be winning til the bell rings or til Beterbiev rings his bell & ends it.

So I got Beterbiev by KO as my official pick, but if The Nail has a near mistake free night I can see him by decision. And like you I also think there is late KO possibilities by The Nail.

Comment

I was just about to post similar to Eff Pandas.
                  I see it sort of like the Wilder Fury fight.
                  If the Nail can stay focused for the full 12 rounds I can see him getting a clear decision but it only takes a microsecond for Bertibiez to get that opening and knocks him out.
                  I'm on the fence for this one atm.
                  Will probably leave to last minute to decide once I see the weights and staredown.
                  In for a decent fight no matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Your pick is my #2 pick or hedge. I think this is like a lower budget Wilder vs Fury kinda fight where The Nail will be winning til the bell rings or til Beterbiev rings his bell & ends it.

So I got Beterbiev by KO as my official pick, but if The Nail has a near mistake free night I can see him by decision. And like you I also think there is late KO possibilities by The Nail.

Decent comparison. It is a low budget Wilder vs Fury but with Fury having the ability to actually stop an elite opponent. I think Gvozdyk is alot tougher than people realize. He all of a sudden beat a shot Stevenson and damn near killed him once it was over when mfers were talking about Stevenson one shotting him.

Comment

Working...
                    X