Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "King" Krusher Kovalev @ 175 lbs / 12.5 stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the poll in the OP:

Ward by KO/TKO
    1hourRun, aldo5408, bigjavi973, i got the keys, Rox, Tyrone Biggums!

... Well: are all these kids for real? Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      According to the poll in the OP:

Ward by KO/TKO
      1hourRun, aldo5408, bigjavi973, i got the keys, Rox, Tyrone Biggums!

... Well: are all these kids for real? Seriously?
      Yea, it's ridiculous, I like both fighters honestly, have never had a problem with Ward, although I will criticize him just like I will anyone else, but fans are irresponsible, they never want to admit shortcomings or weaknesses, or not even weaknesses as much as just being realistic about strengths and what aren't strengths, and Ward is not that kind of power puncher, and even if he was, Kovalev isn't the type of fighter to be intimidated by power or shy away from punishment if it's the only way in.

Ward may win this fight, but it most likely won't be from a stoppage. and if it was, I am willing to be that it would be more because of Kovalev putting himself in that position and getting hit flush with something he didn't see coming, over just raw damage, instant or accumulated from Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Yea, it's ridiculous, I like both fighters honestly, have never had a problem with Ward, although I will criticize him just like I will anyone else, but fans are irresponsible, they never want to admit shortcomings or weaknesses, or not even weaknesses as much as just being realistic about strengths and what aren't strengths, and Ward is not that kind of power puncher, and even if he was, Kovalev isn't the type of fighter to be intimidated by power or shy away from punishment if it's the only way in.

Ward may win this fight, but it most likely won't be from a stoppage. and if it was, I am willing to be that it would be more because of Kovalev putting himself in that position and getting hit flush with something he didn't see coming, over just raw damage, instant or accumulated from Ward.
        Ward may hold plenty of skills, imponderables, athletic abilities... but the guy didn't KO even a fly since that Pudwill bloke (back in 2009)...

Comment

Ward may hold plenty of skills, imponderables, athletic abilities... but the guy didn't KO even a fly since that Pudwill bloke (back in 2009)...
          Yep. And he will have no way of making Kovalev respect him as Kovalev moves in for the kill. It's going to be a war. A bloodbath. A test of wills.

Comment

Yep. And he will have no way of making Kovalev respect him as Kovalev moves in for the kill. It's going to be a war. A bloodbath. A test of wills.
            I don't use to make predictions of any kind. A fight may be short and sweet... Or long and entertaining... or dull... That's why "future" exists -- because you never know.

Comment

I don't use to make predictions of any kind. A fight may be short and sweet... Or long and entertaining... or dull... That's why "future" exists -- because you never know.
              I think their styles will clash in a magnificent way for fans, Kovalev will come for his head, and Ward will have to use all of his tools to survive off the ropes, the longer the fight goes on the less time he will have and the more he will get hit, and then we will see what he is made of, and then if he responds as we think he can, then we will see how Kovalev responds in return.

Comment

I think their styles will clash in a magnificent way for fans, Kovalev will come for his head, and Ward will have to use all of his tools to survive off the ropes, the longer the fight goes on the less time he will have and the more he will get hit, and then we will see what he is made of, and then if he responds as we think he can, then we will see how Kovalev responds in return.
                Ward is extremely resourceful in defence... But I don't know how he would react if he's hit hard on the top of his head, for example...

Comment

The one thing I'm worried about is what if Kovalev loads his gloves? What if? Ward will double check to make sure and this might end up like Fury-Klitschko all over again.

Except I don't care who wins, I simply want a beautiful fight I can rewatch over and over in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by BombZquad View Post
                    The one thing I'm worried about is what if Kovalev loads his gloves? What if? Ward will double check to make sure and this might end up like Fury-Klitschko all over again.

Except I don't care who wins, I simply want a beautiful fight I can rewatch over and over in the future
                    Stop, lol. Kovalev is clean and you know it. All that power is natty.

Comment

Stop, lol. Kovalev is clean and you know it. All that power is natty.
                      You sure? Beterbiev looks legit, Kovalev on the other hand I'm not positive about

Comment

Working...
                      X