No announcement yet.

Harvard not renewing Harvey Weinstein lawyer as dean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    How long until he’s removed or relieved of duties as law professor? Will you be defending him then?
    Yes i will defend him if that happens. i doubt that will happen because law students are probably more understanding of being a lawyer and they probably plan to do the same in the future.

He was removed as a dean of an undergraduate house because they never saw him as someone they would be comfortable being mentored by. They are undergrads, most likely teens, who are passionate about the MeToo movement it seems.

But when Mr. Sullivan joined the defense team of Mr. Weinstein, the Hollywood producer, in January, many students expressed dismay, saying that his decision to represent a person accused of abusing women disqualified Mr. Sullivan from serving in a role of support and mentorship to students. Mr. Weinstein is scheduled to go to trial in June in Manhattan on rape and related charges.

Comment

That made it seems like he was fired from Harvard but he wasn't. Just removed from a position that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the law school. So he is all good.

Comment

Comment

wienstein is a legit snake and a scary dude, but he's entitled to an attorney. he's worth a quarter of a billion. the **** do kids at harvard think they are trying to do? you gotta make a quarter of a million just to break even on your degree. weinstein is making dude's career and these kids don't even understand that. these are the same kids who would scream about a fair trial if the iden****** or the power roles and the crimes were different.

i'd guess that it's not kids at the law school who are making the most fuss.

edit:

ok so i read up on this MFER and he doesn't need this to "make his career," he's rich as piss. he's handled tons of high profile cases [and acctually got aaron hernandez acquitted for a double murder after his conviction for killing odin lloyd.]
          Last edited by New England; 05-16-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

According to siablo14 that’s perfectly fine because “Harvard has to cater to its customers.” Its reputation is apparently not important.
            Why y'all give that base troll the time of day is a mystery to me.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              LOL at all the libertarian capitalists with their panties on a bunch because Harvard chose whats good for their image, customers and business
              Image should never trump the United States Constitution.

That's the problem with liberals, they put emotion and feelings over logic and the law.

Comment

Liberal Alan Dershowitz opposes this:

Alan Dershowitz slams Harvard's decision to drop Weinstein lawyer as dean: 'new McCarthyism'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alan-ders...ew-mccarthyism

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                  LOL at all the libertarian capitalists with their panties on a bunch because Harvard chose whats good for their image, customers and business
                  If I owned a night club, could I ban say blacks from it because it's good for my club's image, customers, and business?

Comment

When you lay down with leftists, you rise up without a job.

Comment

Professor Sullivan's response