Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who in your opinion was more of a phenom? Mike Tyson or Roy Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who in your opinion was more of a phenom? Mike Tyson or Roy Jones?

I'm having a hard time picking....
    Tyson
    55.88%
    Jones
    44.12%

Tyson was more impressive, he was a kid destroying HW's.

Comment

I voted RJJ. Tyson is always going to be "What if..." for me.

Comment

Y’all musta fo’got I gots no rape charges!

Comment

I guess it depends on what you define as a phenom. I see Tyson as being a product of pure discipline. Roy was more of an athletic freak. I'm more impressed by Tyson because I think there's something more relatable about being someone who trained to be a phenom than guys who happen to have an amazing physical gift while they are young.

Comment

Tyson. Roy had undeniable freak athleticism but Tyson was a freak human with freak dimensions, freak athleticism, ferocity, and balance at Heavyweight.

Roy was just soooo fast. His reactions/thinking and his sheer ability to reach you in one instant with one leap and land. Amazing.

Tyson was just on a wtf is that level. His entire package as a human who looked like a machine and a beast all at once. It wasn’t just his ferocity, it was the speed of his feet in tandom with the way he moved..as a boxer. Watching Mike bob and weave while stepping in with incredible force and grace was an experience. Just seeing him move was incredible. It wasnt *just* his athletic ability... it was the finished product...all the hard work and discipline and forging it took to become that.

His entire life and story doesnt even seem real. We’re lucky to have lived in his era.
            Last edited by NearHypnos; 02-19-2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I'm more impressed by Tyson because I think there's something more relatable about being someone who trained to be a phenom
              Tyson also trained to mug people on the mean streets. Remember he tried to pull a fast one on Atlas’ daughter who was like 14 and Teddy pulled a gun on him while Iron Mike shat on his pants? Tyson then also shat in his pants when he went to prison for rape charges to then scream out in a Lewis presser what he would do to a reporter, in that he would force him to eat his ass...

Therefore Tyson is praised for all this whom was probably roided and backed by the HBO Barry Bonds era all while RJJ did none of this while being robbed in the Olympics.

Tyson was extremely well trained but let’s be honest that guy was a steroid freak and HBO allowed it in those times.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                Tyson also trained to mug people on the mean streets. Remember he tried to pull a fast one on Atlas’ daughter who was like 14 and Teddy pulled a gun on him while Iron Mike shat on his pants? Tyson then also shat in his pants when he went to prison for rape charges to then scream out in a Lewis presser what he would do to a reporter, in that he would force him to eat his ass...

Therefore Tyson is praised for all this whom was probably roided and backed by the HBO Barry Bonds era all while RJJ did none of this while being robbed in the Olympics.

Tyson was extremely well trained but let’s be honest that guy was a steroid freak and HBO allowed it in those times.
                I don't follow all that drama bullshyt that you're into. I'm talking about boxing fundamentals vs natural gifts such as athleticism. This goes back to what I keep saying about people on here not knowing shyt about the science so they go back to the drama of who they like better as a person. Roy is 10x the human being. But, that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Comment

Jones

I can see a number of heavyweights beating a prime Tyson, how the hell do you beat a prime jones outside of a lucky 1/100 punch

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                    Jones

I can see a number of heavyweights beating a prime Tyson, how the hell do you beat a prime jones outside of a lucky 1/100 punch
                    Maybe we would have seen if he didn't cherry pick cans.

Comment

Working...
                    X