No announcement yet.

Wlad–Chagaev & the lineal HW title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Hey Dont matter didn't you hear the man? they were official!!! Now go grab my official Captain video decoder ring.
    Do you have your official space helmet on as well, like Ed Norton?

Comment

Love that movie... the leg lamp... When Houdini was given the truth he put it back right away because someone said to him "Be careful Son you could put your eye out with that thing!"
      Yeah and I love that you can buy a leg lamp now of your own haha. I love when the dad says something like isn't it beautiful lol. Reminds me of when my dad would buy awful stuff and we had to pretend to like it. Like uh, yeah, great dad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Interesting stuff. Ever see any of the true crime shows on cable? Reelz has a show called Gangsters about not only mobsters, but also all kinds of street gangs. The government disbanded a lot of them because of the RICO laws and over time, didn't become such a laughing stock. Nat Geo also had a good documentary called Inside The American Mob. Reelz also had bios on guys like Henry Hill and Joe Pistone, the real life Donny Brasco, who the mob still have a hit out on to this day. I have a feeling nobody is going to collect on that bounty, since he's pretty old now.
        I watch a lot of those shows on Youtube. RICO was monumental. It had been an obscurity on the books, then the government decided that they wanted to take down the organized cartels and the mob was decimated. It was so bad that some of the top guys, when they fought RICO convictions were so broke they had to use public defenders!

I met a very interesting Martial Arts buddy when I was at Bullshido moderating a discussion between some of Count Dante's 'black Dragons' (what a bunch of characters lol) and others who were involved in a copyright dispute... One guy had been an informant for the mob and he tells anyone who will listen that the mob cannot do a thing to him because it is done for. In his words they cannot do anything and have been totally put to rest.

Probably some of the reason why street gangs are developing to fill the void and fill the beds on prisons. I think the RICO convictions were deliberate. A way to take the play away from the old syndacites who helped some of the power structure run, drugs, people and weapons. By the way...they are doing the same thing to Hollywood and the Washington elite now. Hence all these sudden charges against standing politicians and Hollywood big wigs.

People like my dear friend Siablo here say there is no group of satanists and pedofiles in Hollywood, yet on the order of someone somewhere, suddenly all these woman come out of the wood work and charge sexual assault. Why would these woman just decide to do so suddenly? They did the same thing to the church at times. Just something to consider.

Comment

Do you have your official space helmet on as well, like Ed Norton?
          Love that video.

Comment

Yeah and I love that you can buy a leg lamp now of your own haha. I love when the dad says something like isn't it beautiful lol. Reminds me of when my dad would buy awful stuff and we had to pretend to like it. Like uh, yeah, great dad.
            Wait a second...you mean all those times my kids and wife? never mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              ahahahahaha. Ohhhh man. Love that movie as well...though the 24 hour marathon every Christmas got to be too much
              Yeah, me too, but I still plan on getting the 30th anniversary Blu Ray, when I can afford it and might even check out the sequels, My Summer Story, also based on Jean Shepherd's book and A Christmas Story 2 movie, which doesn't look nearly as good, but will check out as a curiosity. I loved in one of the Christmas episodes of Psych when Shawn buys Officer Buzz Mcnab a Red Ryder BB Gun haha.

Comment

I watch a lot of those shows on Youtube. RICO was monumental. It had been an obscurity on the books, then the government decided that they wanted to take down the organized cartels and the mob was decimated. It was so bad that some of the top guys, when they fought RICO convictions were so broke they had to use public defenders!

I met a very interesting Martial Arts buddy when I was at Bullshido moderating a discussion between some of Count Dante's 'black Dragons' (what a bunch of characters lol) and others who were involved in a copyright dispute... One guy had been an informant for the mob and he tells anyone who will listen that the mob cannot do a thing to him because it is done for. In his words they cannot do anything and have been totally put to rest.

Probably some of the reason why street gangs are developing to fill the void and fill the beds on prisons. I think the RICO convictions were deliberate. A way to take the play away from the old syndacites who helped some of the power structure run, drugs, people and weapons. By the way...they are doing the same thing to Hollywood and the Washington elite now. Hence all these sudden charges against standing politicians and Hollywood big wigs.

People like my dear friend Siablo here say there is no group of satanists and pedofiles in Hollywood, yet on the order of someone somewhere, suddenly all these woman come out of the wood work and charge sexual assault. Why would these woman just decide to do so suddenly? They did the same thing to the church at times. Just something to consider.
                What do you mean they are doing the same to Hollywood and the Washington elite? Using RICO laws to bring them down?

Comment

Yeah, me too, but I still plan on getting the 30th anniversary Blu Ray, when I can afford it and might even check out the sequels, My Summer Story, also based on Jean Shepherd's book and A Christmas Story 2 movie, which doesn't look nearly as good, but will check out as a curiosity. I loved in one of the Christmas episodes of Psych when Shawn buys Officer Buzz Mcnab a Red Ryder BB Gun haha.
                  Man, I had no idea that there were sequels! Crazy! I'm going to have to check those out. Thanks for that!

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    --- I can go with the idea that a new lineal can be established, ie Wlad most recently, but Hart & Root ain't nothing but watered down sarsaparilla.

Therein is the rub, ie no cohesive rules or org to even enforce bad rules of what constitutes a lineal title.
                    You keep dodging the question here Queeny. Honestly I don't think it is deliberate. We are all brainwashed into believing that institutions that use the authority of the state are legitimate and that this is what makes something legitimate.
                    first of all, lets be honest here: there are cohesive rules regarding lineal title holders and procedure... just not the type of rules that to you, and many others, have any real authority... right? What rules does one needs are, as mentioned, very simple. Just as kids playing king of the mountain do not need an authority to state the obvious (Fat Tommy is still on top! does the WABA Commission want to send in their champ?) with the lineal, there is an unbroken chain of Lineal champs, that is a fact.

So heres a way to look at this impasse. Your best friend Houdini might have heard of this one in the ole ivory tower depending on whether he paid attention during his classes on political systems. So, you are hired as an economic adviser on an island with a problem. There are two groups, one on each side of the island, one with bananas and the other with coconuts. Each side has more than enough of the fruit...there is no scarcity of either bananas, or coconuts. You are asked to figure out how to determine how to exchange the two commodities... How many bananas to how many coconuts. So what do you do?

This so called dilemna is only a problem if one is brainwashed. If there is no scarcity of fruit, there need not be any ownership of the fruit, or rules regarding taking fruit, by either group... people can just help themselves.

The need to create: a currency, or a medium of 5 bananas per coconut, etc... all comes from being brainwashed into not seeing how simple and elegant it can be if we do not impose stupid authorities, rules on things that do not need them.

Now follow me closely: If a lineal title depends on who the best fighter is, and clearly this is the object of professional prize fighting... clearly the apple of a fan's eye is the man who can aspire to beat the man.... Why complicate things, by bringing in external rules, regulations, contingencies, authorities, etc? Now do you see how silly it is to "call in an economist to determine the value of a banana as compared to a coconut"... Or to make an alphabet organization to determine who fights who for their title.

I hope people read this post, it really is all one needs to understand why the lineal has stood the test of time.
                    Last edited by billeau2; 02-12-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

What do you mean they are doing the same to Hollywood and the Washington elite? Using RICO laws to bring them down?
                      Going after them. I didn't know this but RICO was on the books a long time before being used. RICO was just a means to an end. Just like suddenly springing these honey traps was a means to an end, someone going after the Hollywood elites.

Comment

Working...
                      X