Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Wants To Try Out 164 Pounds, Rolls 'To Be Comfortable'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Wants To Try Out 164 Pounds, Rolls 'To Be Comfortable'

NEW YORK Gennady Golovkin wants to try out 164 pounds. That's the explanation Golovkin gave when asked Monday why his fight against Steve Rolls will be contested at a contracted catch weight of 164 pounds. That weight is halfway between the limits for the middleweight and super middleweight divisions, and it would allow the former 160-pound champion to weigh more for the Rolls bout than any of his first 40 professional fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Root for anybody who puts ggg to sleep.

Comment

Lamest excuse when you even tried to have adames fight at 164lbs and he just won contender at 160.... just say you was lazy after them canelo paydays gained weight

Comment

Bullshyt from team Bullshyt. I did this weight to make the bum Rolls feel comfortable? After years screaming catchweight is a disrespect to boxing and refusing to drop weight for Canelo or move up weight for Ward. Now weight don't matter and it's about making it better more comfortable for his opponents? Then get's exposed because the Adams camp says the 164 catchweight was being enforced on them too. He sent contracts to all his opponents demanding 164 then tries to lie at the press conference and say it was to help Rolls. LMAO
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-23-2019, 11:39 AM.

Comment

ggg is full of ****... "It wasn’t a big deal for me to do this weight,” “This is the first fight for me [in more than eight months], so I wanted to do the fight at this weight, to try it out. This is my return, this is my comeback, so I wanted to try this weight. But it wasn’t that big of a deal to do this weight.And for my opponent this would be a little more comfortable,” Golovkin explained. “I wouldn’t want him to be uncomfortable in the weight, because he boxes at 168. It would be hard for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
            Lamest excuse when you even tried to have adames fight at 164lbs and he just won contender at 160.... just say you was lazy after them canelo paydays gained weight
            GGG is such a fraud and liar it's not even funny. Just like belts are what matters for years when he needs a excuse to duck better fights. Now all the best fighters have the belts and now belts don't matter to duck title holders. SMH

Comment

GGG: this is boxing, I respect sport. No catchweight

Also ggg: this weight is no big deal. I don’t care about my fans. Dey are idiots. They believe everything I say. Belts? What belts? I unify 164 lbs. big drama show. I fight Canadian style no more mexican style. Mexican style almost get me killed against Canelo. Canelo hit me so hard I forget English. I only do interviews in Russian or Kazakh from now on.

Comment

Omg he is literally doing the same thing as canelo.

Comment

Why though??? This is ridiculous the opponent is already viewed as a cherry pick and now you're going to fight him at a catch weight??? I'm done lol

Comment

Look at how much bigger GGG is then Rolls. But he's fighting at 164 to help Rolls? Phuk out of here you already fighting a bum, a bum who isn't a big puncher and doesn't have a big KO ratio. A 35 year old bum who has never fought a top 80 ranked fighter ever in his decade long professional career. But you need more size advantage and enforce a catchweight on a guy barely in the top 100 rankings. Then lie about it only to get exposed because you sent a contract to Adams at catchweight 164 as well.

But he's a small middleweight too small to fight Ward right? lol

Comment

Working...
                    X