Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rolls Admits on Golovkin: I've Got Mount Everest Ahead of Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking fight, but I'd imagine it has more to do with being the first fight of the deal with DAZN than any choice of opponent on Golovkin's part. They made the easiest (on paper) fight possible for Golovkin because they want to build the trilogy fight, and they don't know how Golovkin is going to perform after suffering his first defeat. The guy hasn't lost since the amateurs, that's a long time to be feeling invincible. Hearn/GBP are well aware of this and that's the reason for such a gimme fight in the first of a 6 fight deal. Expect that the level of fighter won't be much better for the remaining fights before the canelo rematch so GGG can get through those fights as quickly as possible. I doubt GGG signed up for 6 fights on the basis of 2 fights a year at his age. Maybe the idea is to fight Canelo 3 fights into the deal, so DAZN have another 3 GGG fights on the off chance he beats Canelo. Either way they were never going to stick him in with a live body ahead of him fighting Canelo, too much money riding on the rematch.

Comment

Visulaisation can do wonders, get you love and a good job, but in terms of boxing and winning fights against anybody, that doesn't sometimes work, and won't if you're not somewhere near that high level of talent. For example, a Frazier could conceivably beat Ali, or a Duran could beat Leonard once. But nobody outside of Rolls perhaps thinks he can really survive more than a few rounds against GGG, let alone win. But you can't knock him for seizing a chance of a lifetime. And we fans can't be criticised for thinking this is not a competitive fight.

Comment

Visualisation can do wonders, get you love and a good job, but in terms of boxing and winning fights against anybody, that doesn't sometimes work, and won't if you're not somewhere near that high level of talent. For example, a Frazier could conceivably beat Ali, or a Duran could beat Leonard once. But nobody outside of Rolls perhaps thinks he can really survive more than a few rounds against GGG, let alone win. But you can't knock him for seizing a chance of a lifetime. And we fans can't be criticised for thinking this is not a competitive fight.

Comment

What a waste of time and money for both of them!

Comment

Good luck to steve rolls i consider him a warrior if you look at this from a different perspective. I assume there are many higher ranked middleweights who would or have said no to an expected beatdown from golovkin. So big up Steve for stepping up considering his activity and opponent level before this match up with G.

Comment

GGG should be ashamed of himaself!!! He had CHARLO in his face and ran from it. He chose this dude nobody on planet earth knows or remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by Larky101 View Post
                Good luck to steve rolls i consider him a warrior if you look at this from a different perspective. I assume there are many higher ranked middleweights who would or have said no to an expected beatdown from golovkin. So big up Steve for stepping up considering his activity and opponent level before this match up with G.
                Nonsense! CHARLO has been chasing GG for last 2 years! As we all can see,he wants no part.

Comment

If he ain't rolled out of there and is still fighting by the 3rd round then he can proclaim a moral victory. I expect that he gets stopped early.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
                    Nonsense! CHARLO has been chasing GG for last 2 years! As we all can see,he wants no part.
                    Charlo isn't in a rush to fight anyone of merit that is apparent. Look at golovkins opposition over the last two years compared to charlos there's no comparison.

Comment

First power jab, body shot lead uppercut this chap will turn white lol but good luck to him, he'll need every bit of it

Comment

Working...
                      X