Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Danny Garcia Is Not A Real Fight For Terence Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan beat up Chris Algeri, the 2nd best Spence ever fought. NEXT!

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
    He just sold you Khan vs Crawford.....But the last TWO undisputed 140lb champs facing off is a BAD fight to make?????????

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      1st, Kell Brook is the best Spence ever fought. 2nd, Arum offered Danny 4 million and Danny could have countered with 5,6,7,8 or 10, whatever, but he didn't counter at all. Instead Danny fought for 1 million in front of 3,000 people. Logically, what's that tell you?.

What Danny wants Arum can't offer and that's an easy winnable fight for a few million. Danny knows where he fits and he's NOT in it to be the best he wants enough money to keep buying laundry mats and small apartments.

Danny will fight tomato cans and cash out against Thurman.

That's the business model...see the game within the game.
      1st, i agree with your assessment that Danny will fight tomato cans if he can qnd wait for the big fights like Thurman to cash in. 2nd, PBC fighters get paid MUCH more than the disclosed purse amount, so best believe Danny got more than $1mil for granados. 3rd, it's unfair to say Danny could've countered the offer when it was a back alley offer. Everyone knows all offer should go to Al and his team for all PBC fighters, not their trainers. Arum never put a legit offer in for Danny.

Comment

Danny G is not Khan and yes, he will be a real fight for Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
          crawford needs better quality opposition and arum keeps poisoning the well. Crawford should have never resigned with him.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100%.

Comment

Spence bragged about beating Brook, the best he's ever beaten. You must has missed it.

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            Arum is a proven liar. So now Brook is the better fight, you meant that easy UK money. But passes the eye ball test but still has not beaten a top WW. Horn does not count.

Comment

Tell that to Charlo

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100%.

Comment

“You know, a lot of guys that we’re interested in fighting, like Kell Brook, has said that he wanted to fight Terence,” Arum told a group of reporters early Sunday morning. “And that’d be fun. I mean, the other guys that Haymon has, I’m not really interested in. [Shawn] Porter isn’t a real fight for Crawford. And [Danny] Garcia’s not a real fight. [Keith] Thurman isn’t. The fight that’s a real fight is Spence.”

It's hard to take Arum serious sometimes when he says stuff like this. So it's either Kell brook or Spence. Kell Brook who's been fighting at 154 is a better option than Garcia (recent KO win), Porter (belt), Thurman (belt). And Spence is the option we all want but the other day you just ripped Haymon before even attempting to negotiate with him. I can see Arum saying those things if he had tried to make the Spence-Crawford fight and then things fell apart. But he hasn't even initiated negotiations yet.

Besides I would think Bob would pick Thurman since he almost got stopped by Lopez, if there was a champion to pick on. He also should have put Crawford in against Pac before he left to PBC. That should have been easy to make but Jeff Horn got that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                  Spence bragged about beating Brook, the best he's ever beaten. You must has missed it.
                  So far Spence's best win. He went to the UK and took the title. So far he has not faced any good WW ever since. That is the only big name in his resume, maybe Peterson but that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                    Danny G is not Khan and yes, he will be a real fight for Crawford.
                    Someone said before me that they thought Danny would do better against Spence than people think and I agree. Spence is not a great mover and Danny has great timing and power. But Crawford is all wrong for Danny, Bud moves way too much for a plodder like Danny. It would be a repeat of prime Thurman.

Honestly, I think Thurman would be Crawford's biggest test but I'm not sure he's into boxing like he once was. In his prime, Thurman was an all around complete fighter, a killer.

Comment

Crawford-Brook is a crap fight. Brook has looked worse than Khan since Spence beat him. I don’t even think there’s much interest in seeing Khan-Brook at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X