• NSB PICK EM 2019 #68 18th OCTOBER 2019

Friday 18th October 2019

Philadelphia, PA, USA (UTC-5)

Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Artur Beterbiev

BETTING ODDS:

Gvozdyk: -120 Beterbiev: -100

Ways fighters can win:

Decision: WIDE or CLOSE
    KO: EARLY (1-4), MID (5-8) or LATE (9-12)

Examples of the ways you can state your decision:

PICK EM CREW, Beterbiev, Dec, close x3
    PICK EM CREW, Gvozdyk, KO, MID. x2
    If no multiplier is specified in your pick (ie x2, x3) then it will be assumed that no multiplier is being used (x1)

If you wish to pick a Draw result, simply state your Username, both fighter names and DRAW, ie:

PICK EM CREW, Gvozdyk, Beterbiev. DRAW
    If there is only one Pick Em on a thread it is acceptable to simply specify DRAW without the inclusion of the fighter names.

IMPORTANT NOTE: NONE OF THE WBSS FIGHTS CAN BE SCORED A DRAW - ONE FIGHTER WILL ALWAYS BE DECLARED A WINNER. ANY UNCORRECTED DRAW PICKS ON THE WBSS WILL BE WASTED.

NOTES:
    -Picking the correct winner earns 20 pts
    -Picking the correct method earns 10 pts
    -Picking the correct detail is worth 10 pts
    -Draws are worth 120 pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 40pts.

-CLOSE is <12 pts difference, or anything closer than 116-112 on all three scorecards. WIDE is >=12 pts difference, or anything equivalent to 116-112 on all three cards or wider.

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 5 doubles and 3 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me -MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973
    Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 10-15-2019, 01:53 PM.

RJJ-94-02=GOAT,

Gvodzyk Decision Close.

Probably gonna end up changing my pick by Friday...

Comment

Okay gentlemen, firstly, as ever, an apology... got so caught up getting the leaderboard up to date the last coupla days I forgot this weeks Pick Em was a Friday fight so a bit of a short notice one. Make sure you don't leave it too late.

As to the fight itself, a potential classic... by the bookies about as close as it gets: the fierce and devastating Chechen wolf against the rangy technician from the Ukraine. Although at 34 years old the smart money says Beterbiev may already have passed his best, he remains one of the most formidable close in punchers in the sport and it's hard not to imagine that control of distance will be absolutely critical in this fight.. If Gvozdyk can keep at range for the full 12 - or enough of it - there's every chance he can pick the shorter Beterbiev apart, if Artur can find his way inside then that length just becomes a vulnerability and it's hard to imagine Gvozdyk not getting savaged to the body...

A true Pick Em then gentlemen, best of luck!

K

Comment

DuckAdonis

Gvozdyk, KO, Late

Man this is fight of the year. I had Beterbiev at first, but changed my mind

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          RJJ-94-02=GOAT,

Gvodzyk Decision Close.

Probably gonna end up changing my pick by Friday...
          Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          DuckAdonis

Gvozdyk, KO, Late

Man this is fight of the year. I had Beterbiev at first, but changed my mind
          Same as you both, man... tough, tough one to call. I'm probably leaning slightly towards Gvozdyk right now but I'm expecting several changes of heart before Friday comes round. This is one fight where anything could happen and I don't think any outcome will surprise me... though a Beterbiev decision is probably an outlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Same as you both, man... tough, tough one to call. I'm probably leaning slightly towards Gvozdyk right now but I'm expecting several changes of heart before Friday comes round. This is one fight where anything could happen and I don't think any outcome will surprise me... though a Beterbiev decision is probably an outlier.
            Yeah I can see any outcome aside from Beterbiev on points. Both are very well schooled and can punch but I just think Gvodzyk has the faster feet, better boxing IQ and will be able to control/dictate the action more effectively. Complete 50-50 though and great fight!!!

Comment

This should be a good one.

Eff Pandas, Beterbiev, KO, Mid.

Switching my choice from late to mid.
              Last edited by Eff Pandas; 10-18-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Sceneboxer:
                Gvozdyk, Ko, Mid

Comment

FrankieClutch

Gvozdyk via late KO

Comment

CauliflowerEars

Beterbiev, KO, Mid

Comment

Working...
                    X