Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sit up bars and push up "handles" - any good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sit up bars and push up "handles" - any good?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...t%3ESIT+UP.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...3EPUSH+UPS.htm

I need more efficient ways of feeling the burn.

I personally don't feel a difference between doing regular pushups and doing pushups with the bar. I've been doing pushups with the bar for about 6 months now, and this past Friday, I did regular pushups with no bar, and still felt the same burn after the same number of pushups (if not more burn because I got so used to doing them on the bar). For me, it was a matter of getting used to doing it one way (on the bar).

Although I think that if you were to switch from doing regular pushups to doing them on the bar, you would probably feel more of a burn on the bar from that type of transition.

Comment

That's the duo right there......Push-ups & Sit Ups! In the Military, you gotta take the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) every 6 months, regardless of rank! The three events are....

as many Push-ups in 2 minutes (103)
      as many Sit-ups in 2 minutes (73)
      and a 2 mile run (fastest time; 12:36 Germany 2002)

When you train in "time", as oppossed to doing them in sets, you will get more out of it cause you can't stop till it's "Time" and makes you push harder, thus feeling a greater burn!

Those Push-up bars do get you a deeper stretch, but since your forearms will get in on the action, somehow you won't knock out as many as on solid ground.
      Last edited by guzi815; 01-13-2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

You could always elevate your feet when you do push ups. That'll increase the burn.

Perhaps, a weighted vest?

Also, changing your hand width on push ups changes the muscles being worked.

Comment

Im guessing the push up bars would help reduce the stress on your joints

Comment

Working...
          X