No announcement yet.

After Re watching Stevenson Jack, I change my mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Re watching Stevenson Jack, I change my mind

At first i had jack winning easy but after i rewatched it twice, i have stevenson winning 115-113 both times.

jack gave away 5 of the first 6 rounds

stevenson took round 10 and

jack won 4,7,8,9,12

Problem was jacks inability to fight in the first half of the fight, the same issue with degale and in all honesty i think a draw was unfair to stevenson. a rematch i have stevenson winning because he came off a 11 month layoff and clearly gassed out.

jacks whole plan was to let stevenson gas out and win then, which is an awful plan because that requires you giving up the majority of the first half of the fight.

stevenson is on his way out, but i think jack loses badly to bivol, kovalev and gvodyzk. i honestly think jack is a little bit overrated. any thoughts?

Tomato can jack is so ordinary i dont see what people see in him.

Comment

Ba-draw jack lost. Stevenson deserved the decision. Not a robbery but jack needs to quit whining when he got lucky with the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
        At first i had jack winning easy but after i rewatched it twice, i have stevenson winning 115-113 both times.

jack won 4,7,8,9,12

Problem was jacks inability to fight in the first half of the fight, the same issue with degale and in all honesty i think a draw was unfair to stevenson. a rematch i have stevenson winning because he came off a 11 month layoff and clearly gassed out.

jacks whole plan was to let stevenson gas out and win then, which is an awful plan because that requires you giving up the majority of the first half of the fight.

stevenson is on his way out, but i think jack loses badly to bivol, kovalev and gvodyzk. i honestly think jack is a little bit overrated. any thoughts?
        Yup, that's how I had it with my first watch through of it, I think it was rd 4 that Jack took and Adonis took all the other rds from 1 to 6 and then we had a bit of a comeback from Jack 7 to 9 he was doing much more, but the 10th and the 11th rounds Adonis found his second wind and he should have took either both or one of those rounds.

I'm assuming that's how we got the 114-114, I think the judges scored it like this
        Jack rds 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12
        Adonis 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10

I still don't get how they could have had Jack winning that one, I'll need to watch it again, but I watched sober and without the sound on at the time.

Comment

what happened to round 11? 10 and 11 were critical rounds, they were the key to deciding the fight, on my card anyway.

Comment

If Jack could have clearly won at least one of the first 6 rounds convincing, he’d have that strap around his waist now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post

jack won 4,7,8,9,12

Jack has to stop with these slow starts. Its his fault he got that draw & the draw against DeGale. He'll start slow, lose close rds. Then he'll dominate the rds he wins. He's dominating but boxing is scored round by round.

Comment

Some fights are hard to score ,this wasnt one of them.

Jack even made it easy for you guys by not fighting the first 6 rnds and you still have posters claiming a draw is fair ? lol

No a draw isnt fair just bc a fight is close ,this is the lazy mans concept which actually gives a judge an excuse to give bad scores .

Just score the fight correctly , effort is not a scoring criteria .

All fights should be watched twice bc you always see something different and if you doht then you aren't really watching your cheering instead .

Comment

It is a bummer for Jack that both here and the DeGale fight that the rounds he won he won by a mile but most of the ones he lost were pretty close.

Comment

I had Adonis winning 5 out of the first 6 rounds, and winning 10-11. I had it 7-5 for Adonis.

And I really did not appreciate Jack’s lowblowing in rounds 7 and up. It took some out of Stevenson for sure. But it was a b*tch move from Jack.

Comment

Working...
                    X