No announcement yet.

Protein Powder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
    The ideal protein powder is one produced by a farmer or something of that nature. It can be found, this is what you want. From Grass-fed cattle, why? Bugs, mainly. The bugs and ecosystem in the grass that the cow consumes makes for a higher amino acid profile in grass fed butters, milks, yogurts, what-have-you. Optimum Nutrition Cake Batter tastes the best and is the best for the money, bar none. But, it has artificial sweeteners and all that other bull in it.

If you're aiming for a good pre workout smoothie, get 1 organic avacado, fill up bout 6-8 oz water, I recommend heating (on stove) a tbsp coconut oil and a tbsp grass fed butter and adding this to the shake, along with 3tbsp of ground oats, 1tbsp cacao nibs, 1 tsp of chia seed, 1 tsp brown flax seed. grind that up and add in. Also add in a punch of cinnamon. this regulates blood sugar. blueberries. bananas. gotu kola is optional along with gingko biloba but I also add them. Add a teaspoon turmeric and a pinch of black pepper.

Don't forgot a 1/2 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder, teaspoon organic psyllium husk, 6 prunes, it will be thick but drink it anyway. You'll drink it for the rest of your years
    Aye nice shake recipe. sounds similar to the shake I make but with some extra ingredients. I'll definitely check them out.

For the gotu kola and the ginko biloba, are you adding them in a powdered/raw form or just like opening supplement capsules and adding them?
    I'll peep the psyllium husk as well.
    Amazon links appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
      I tried that once in high school and it ruined protein power for me for at least 6 months. Was a terrible idea. Way too dry to try to swallow, ended up choking on the powder lol
      I used to do that with flavored creatine, still tasted like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
        I have a shake every morning with a lot of greens (spinach, kale, zuchini, cucumber and others) and you are saying that can give you man boobs? That's wild.

No. An imbalance of it can. Especially If your are lifting

Comment

Originally posted by HedonisticFrog View Post
          Optimum nutrition is a good brand for supplements. You should really consider whether you need to supplement your diet with protein or not as well. Have you calculated how much protein you consume a day? 1 gram per pound is more than enough and fairly easy to hit without supplements.
          I don't know man...I find that it is hard.

I do .8grams for 1lb of weight based on latest research and for me that equates to 176 grams. 1lb of steak is ~110 grams. One porkchop ~25grams.

That's three porkchops and 1lb of steak I would need to eat.

A 3 egg omlette is around 21grams...

It's hard for me to eat that much in a day, and costly to say the least.

At the same time, I haven't used protein powders in a few years and just this year I decided to get back on it. But very much supplementing only, 60 grams a day worth after the gym, which is 5 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
            I don't know man...I find that it is hard.

I do .8grams for 1lb of weight based on latest research and for me that equates to 176 grams. 1lb of steak is ~110 grams. One porkchop ~25grams.

That's three porkchops and 1lb of steak I would need to eat.

A 3 egg omlette is around 21grams...

It's hard for me to eat that much in a day, and costly to say the least.

At the same time, I haven't used protein powders in a few years and just this year I decided to get back on it. But very much supplementing only, 60 grams a day worth after the gym, which is 5 days a week.
            There are plenty of cheap sources of protein. You can get chicken for $2.50 a pound easily. I usually see sales down to $2 a pound as well. Ribs are usually around the same price or a little higher. It is difficult to consume really high amounts of protein, that's why the ketogenic diet is effective. If you can't eat carbs, you mainly eat meat and it's difficult to overeat when you're eating a lot of meat. Good luck trying to gain weight by only eating steak.

Comment

Myprotein is good if you want to get cheap protein. They have sales of the big bag for only $60 usually and it last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by HedonisticFrog View Post
                Good luck trying to gain weight by only eating steak.
                He may have a heart attack before the weight comes on.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  He may have a heart attack before the weight comes on.
                  WTF are ya'll on about?

I'm saying how consuming 200grams of protein through your regular food sources its difficult.

As been said...

You'd need to eat half a dozen eggs, 2 pork chops and a near 1lb of steak a day or that equivalent indefinitely to maintain that much protein intake.

Easy? Hard for me, and I'm not exactly a little guy.

I'd be ****ting bricks every day. Not to mention the calories that would amount to. You'd need to be a near full time athlete not to blow up with that type of intake.
                  Last edited by Banderivets; 03-21-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                      WTF are ya'll on about?

I'm saying how consuming 200grams of protein through your regular food sources its difficult.

As been said...

You'd need to eat half a dozen eggs, 2 pork chops and a near 1lb of steak a day or that equivalent indefinitely to maintain that much protein intake.

Easy? Hard for me, and I'm not exactly a little guy.

I'd be ****ting bricks every day. Not to mention the calories that would amount to. You'd need to be a near full time athlete not to blow up with that type of intake.
                      I was referring to a near steady diet of red meat to pack on pounds. I know people who have done it, and packed on muscle but other health factors got worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X