No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• AD waived his $4 mill now Lakers have enough for a max player.

I really hope they don't try to go for Kemba. The only max player worth the money is Kawhi.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        AD waived his $4 mill now Lakers have enough for a max player.

I really hope they don't try to go for Kemba. The only max player worth the money is Kawhi.
        Saw that Moe Wagner and othes gone too... I think this is money moves for Kawhi......it has to be............

Comment

AD waived his $4 mill now Lakers have enough for a max player.

If not Kawhi they need to fill out that roster. I don't even think they need another star. They should go after these other free agents to surround Lebron and AD with talent

Comment

• Throw away them Lebron 23 jerseys he’s giving our new leader AD the number

Comment

• Originally posted by Ric Flair Drip View Post
              Saw that Moe Wagner and othes gone too... I think this is money moves for Kawhi......it has to be............
              He's the only guy worth it but I think he's staying in Toronto. He's been rocking Toronto sports gear for the past 2 weeks. I think he's in love with the city. Toronto alone has 7 million metro population plus he has the whole country of Canada behind him. Even Los Angeles can't compete with that.

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              If not Kawhi they need to fill out that roster. I don't even think they need another star. They should go after these other free agents to surround Lebron and AD with talent
              Yeah I think they should go for Beverly, Marcus Morris and Troy Daniels then fill out the roster with minimum players. Thats really all they need.

Comment

Toronto alone has 7 million metro population plus he has the whole country of Canada behind him. Even Los Angeles can't compete with that.
                Correction. Clippers cant compete with that.

Clippers is just an average local sports team. One of many.

Lakers is a different story.

Lakers fanbase extends to multiple states.

Its Hawaii, nevada, Alaska NBA Team. States with no NBA team. They even have huge fanbase in cities that has an NBA team.

They have a large national and global fanbase.

Lakers offers something Toronto cant match.

Clippers offer nothing except being from the same place Lakers are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  Correction. Clippers cant compete with that.

Clippers is just an average local sports team. One of many.

Lakers is a different story.

Lakers fanbase extends to multiple states.

Its Hawaii, nevada, Alaska NBA Team. States with no NBA team. They even have huge fanbase in cities that has an NBA team.

They have a large national and global fanbase.

Lakers offers something Toronto cant match.

Clippers offer nothing except being from the same place Lakers are.
                  yeah but the important thing here is merchandise sales. All of Kawhi's shoes, jerseys, t-shirts have been soldout in Canada for the past month. I don't think LA would be as dedicated to a single player as all of Canada was. There were literal outdoor viewing parties in every city and town in Canada.

I think this title in Toronto will change what players think of the city. A lot of big players are going to sign there in the future instead of ditching for an American team.

Comment

yeah but the important thing here is merchandise sales. All of Kawhi's shoes, jerseys, t-shirts have been soldout in Canada for the past month. I don't think LA would be as dedicated to a single player as all of Canada was. There were literal outdoor viewing parties in every city and town in Canada.

I think this title in Toronto will change what players think of the city. A lot of big players are going to sign there in the future instead of ditching for an American team.
                    Lol entire country of Canada is a smaller market than just the state of California

Population
                    California 40 million ppl
                    Canada 37 million ppl

Economy
                    California $3.0 trillion annual gdp
                    Canada $1.8 trillion annual gdp

And Lakers is a national and global brand

Comment

• Toronto will always lose free agents

Toronto will always have a hard time attracting free agents

Canadian tax rates are so much higher than American taxes

So dollar for dollar they can't offer as much money

Comment

Working...
                      X