No announcement yet.

If I was a fighter I would use PED's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I was a fighter I would use PED's

The penalties for getting caught are minimal. You get a 6 month suspension. That's like a baseball pitcher getting a 7 game suspension but only missing one start. Your reputation takes no hit. Besides people bringing it up on the internet. Nobody really cares. You come back and get big fights for big money. You get huge network deals & promotional deals.

Looking at the pros vs cons the pros far outweigh the cons.

I would only stop taking PEDs if I’ve been caught so many times that I might lose my career.

I would also find great excuses for any failed PED tests like so many do.

It’s a no-brainer.

Comment

Would you take them during the camp of the biggest fight of your career? Like Miller did, and risk losing out on that kind of money

Comment

I can't do it. Its a sign of weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Would you take them during the camp of the biggest fight of your career? Like Miller did, and risk losing out on that kind of money
          If that's what got me to this point then yes. Miller might not get that big a payday again but he's still got some big paydays on the horizon

Comment

It's a scumbag move for sure but I get it. Everyone else is probably doing it.

Comment

I've always said I would too. Just like when cyclist Lance Armstrong was using, he had no choice if he wanted to compete in a sport where literally everyone at the top was using. Now, maybe not. I like J-Rock's take on it, if you are going to fight him, you have to do a minimum of 90 days of strict VADA testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                The penalties for getting caught are minimal. You get a 6 month suspension. That's like a baseball pitcher getting a 7 game suspension but only missing one start. Your reputation takes no hit. Besides people bringing it up on the internet. Nobody really cares. You come back and get big fights for big money. You get huge network deals & promotional deals.

Looking at the pros vs cons the pros far outweigh the cons.
                TBH I think PED's for recovery should be a mandatory BUT doctor administered and monitored.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  I can't do it. Its a sign of weakness.
                  you mean like demanding your opponent for extra drug testing or no fight? oops! my bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    The penalties for getting caught are minimal. You get a 6 month suspension. That's like a baseball pitcher getting a 7 game suspension but only missing one start.
                    Sh^t its probably not even that bad. Some boxers aren't even missing a "start" at a 6mo suspension. The younger in your career you are the worse that 6mos would be.

But yea you aren't wrong. Using PEDs is a net positive for your boxing career & worth the risk.

You aren't likely to be caught. And if you do get caught you aren't gonna be suspended for very long. And when you comeback few give a f#ck about the whole ordeal.

Comment

Working...
                    X