Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    I dont see how he could turn down 8mil.
    Should just counter offer 7/7.5 if Ortiz turns that down it’s a clear as day duck and I don’t wanna hear anything out his mouth again when aj signing to fight someone else

Comment

• If haymon promised him more than $5 mill for Wilder rematch than you can forgive this duck move.

Comment

• Anthony Joshua should sign with PBC. Eddie has no one for him to fight.

This just shows Wilder holds all the keys.

Comment

• Take the cash and fight AJ, ffs. You beat him and you get 20 mil for the next fight and you won't give a f*** about the missing few million last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            The so what is that he's a bigger name now, which is exactly what I said. This is entertainment. If you've been watching this sport for anytime you should understand that name recognition matters quite a lot more than skills/ability.
            So, Josesito Lopez and Collazo should get career payday against pacquiao/Porter/Crawford or Spence now.

But they won`t.

Look, Ortiz lost against Wilder. by stoppage.

He is from Cuba, no english, poor resume, worse than Miller`s. he is realy not in position to push it to the limit. he should take what is offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by blitted_master View Post
              NONSENSE. Ortiz's stock has skyrocketed since that great fight with Wilder.
              Break it down for me in how it has "Skyrocketed"?

Is he getting paid more? Bringing more fans in? If so, how many more fans? Is he getting bigger fights now than he was before Wilder?

Explain?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                "Hearn is expected to make a counter-offer to Ortiz before finalizing a deal for Miller’s replacement."

So AJ vs Ortiz may not be totally dead after all!

"Multiple sources also have confirmed to BoxingScene.com that Al Haymon, who advises Wilder and Ortiz, has discussed with Ortiz’s team the possibility of a Wilder-Ortiz rematch taking place as soon as September."

But wait ... I thought Haymon and Finkel were planning a mega bucks offer to AJ to fight Wilder on Showtime PPV after Breazeale was out of the way?
                You do realize that they can make plans for either to happen. It's called plan A and plan B. Way too early to start playing the duck card. Some folks would have nothing to say on the website if they couldn't constantly talk about how fighter A was ducking fighter B.

Comment

• Originally posted by blitted_master View Post
                  Nothing wrong with that. Taking a fight of this magnitude on such short notice, Ortiz deserves his big payday. Hearn is so tight-fisted with his money.
                  Hoping he gets ignored now and never sees that kind of money again.

Comment

• What ortiz does after the counter offer is what matters.

You are not going to take the first offer that is presented. Asking for 10 million is a bit much, but if hearn offers him the same amount as miller at the end and ortiz doesnt take the offer, than he is clearly ducking.

Comment

• He never wanted to fight AJ...he just wanted the check that came with it...words mean nothing when actions at the table...Foh Queen Kong!

Comment

Working...
                      X