Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Luis Ortiz Reject Hearn's "Lowball Offer" To Face Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    Guys are so protective of the stiff U.K. coward that this isnt even a "duck" situation to begin with lmao. Joshua is the one with the date penciled in lol. Ortiz isn't a mandatory. Fight Andy Ruiz. l can't believe that this fraud still has this many beat ass fans still protecting his cowardice lol...
    Still doesn't answer the question that, or rather the statement that for a decent payday, international exposure, 6 weeks to train, and a chance to clinch three major belts there isn't an American HW in sight.
    It seems they've all gone into hiding...

And it was Miller who blew not only his chance but left us fans with what will probably be Joshua v a bus driver from Bulgaria.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      He's getting paid a lot more than he did against Wilder.
      How do you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
        I thought Hearn was promising the replacement the same money that Miller was going to make - surely that would have been sufficient.
        Why would anyone believe Hearn when he said that? I mean no one ever believes his words, so why would anyone hang on to that? For one no one but Fury and Wilder deserves that much.

So there is no way any undercard fighter like Ortiz deserves whatever Miller was getting. Miller was getting that because he was amercian, new yorker, big talker, speaks english etc.

Comment

• Ortiz said he would be ready and fight for "any amount" on Feb 6th
          He had 5 weeks to train for the Wilder fight.

He could easily take the AJ fight then since "he has the Widler fight in his pocket" (Lou Dibella) he could just challenge Wilder and take that payday too.
          Since PBC don't hold their fighters to their platform and then there's their loyalty of course..........

No reason whatsoever to turn down this fight for "any amount"

Fighters, or maybe more so their promoters, just seem plain scared of AJ.
          Last edited by leeroy84; 04-24-2019, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• I reckon this lowball offer would have been a career high purse, but fighters see the money that a Joshua fight brings and want a percentage deal. I can see both ends of the argument, nobody wants to turn down a career high purse, but when that career high purse is less than 10% of the total their pride gets hurt so they want more.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
              Ortiz said he would be ready and fight for "any amount" on Feb 6th

He could easily take the AJ fight then since "he has the Widler fight in his pocket" (Lou Dibella) he could just challenge Wilder and take that payday too.
              Since PBC don't hold their fighters to their platform and then there's their loyalty of course..........

No reason whatsoever to turn down this fight for "any amount"

Fighters, or maybe more so their promoters, just seem plain scared of AJ.
              Yep, he had five weeks to train for the Wilder fight. I don't see this as an excuse due to the seven weeks out from the fight in June. I think this fight has been blocked by Haymon, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

• Doesn't want the fight, hiding behind money as an issue. No more talk of Ortiz being the bogeyman when ducks Joshua like this

Comment

• Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                  Go ask dildo whyte why he turned down a shot 3 world titles.
                  He is in a better position that Ortiz in terms of his ranking, pay and just about everything. He will probably be Wilder’s mandatory and realistically stands more chance beating Wilder. Not to mention he has already been knocked out by AJ. He still should have taken the fight but Ortiz has no excuse whatsoever and you saying “well Whyte did it” doesn’t justify it

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    He is in a better position that Ortiz in terms of his ranking, pay and just about everything. He will probably be Wilder’s mandatory and realistically stands more chance beating Wilder. Not to mention he has already been knocked out by AJ. He still should have taken the fight but Ortiz has no excuse whatsoever and you saying “well Whyte did it” doesn’t justify it
                    Whyte is a domestic level fighter, who is largely unknown outside of Uk, for obvious reasons. The people that do know him, knows he's an awful boxer and have no desire to see him fight AJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Yep, he had five weeks to train for the Wilder fight. I don't see this as an excuse due to the seven weeks out from the fight in June. I think this fight has been blocked by Haymon, nothing more nothing less.
                      Or he couldn't pass a vada test.

Comment

Working...
                      X