Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DiBella looks beyond Lacy, targets bigger fights for Taylor (Calzaghe/Jones winner?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dstew View Post
    1. DiBella's being a little too optimistic if he thinks Taylor will be fighting the winner of Calzaghe/Jones after Lacy. The loser? Maybe, if they don't go into retirement. Unless Taylor completely destroys Lacy, erasing most of the bad impressions he's left over his championship reign, I question the demand for a fight with the winner of the Joe/Roy fight. Even then, I would question it.

2. Clearly, as myself and others have somewhat anticipated, if there are bigger fights available for Taylor if he wins, he will probably not be facing the Froch/Pascal winner immediately for the WBC belt. This is a little disappointing, as I'd like to see him go after more titles instead of just money fights. That said, if the money fight is with Kessler for his title, I'm all for it.

3. Taylor had put on a little more weight than I'd thought if he's been in camp in Miami for a couple of weeks and is just now, about 6 weeks from the fight, down below 180. I understand he just came off the longest hiatus of his career, but he's known about the Nov. 15 date since late July. Just seems a little sloppy to me. I don't think he'll have any problem making weight, I'm just saying at this point he should be focusing more on training and less on getting back into shape.
    He is 12 pounds over weight limit. Most guy get to weight limit and gain between 5-10 pounds after they rehydrate. he is right where he needs to be this amount of time prior to the fight. He is taking the weight off slowy and adding uscle at the same time. trouble starts when you try to make weight and you lose weight qucikly becuse not only do you drop what ever padding you put on in between fights but you also lose muscle and muscle qweighs much mor ethen fat so that in mind weighing 12 pounds over the 168 weight limit 8 weeks prior and the fact that he can lose at least 6 or 7 pounds of weight by dropping most of the water weight and getting back after rehydrating he is only about 5 pounds heavy he should be fine....Lefty

Comment

I doubt Taylor stops Lacy.

Taylor also can't beat Calzaghe, although he might be able to barely get past Jones.

Comment

Working...
      X