No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vera Repeats, Wins Majority Decision Over Sergio Mora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vera Repeats, Wins Majority Decision Over Sergio Mora

Illusions Theater, San Antonio, Texas - It was repeat for Bryan Vera (22-6, 12KOs), who won a ten round majority decision over former champion Sergio Mora (23-3-2, 7KOs) to capture the vacant NABO middleweight title. The scores were 118-110, 117-111 for Vera and 114-114. Last February, Vera won a ten round split decision over Mora.

[Click Here To Read More]

There's a mistake in this article

Illusions Theater, San Antonio, Texas - It was repeat for Bryan Vera (22-6, 12KOs), who won a ten round majority decision over former champion Sergio Mora (23-3-2, 7KOs) to capture the vacant NABO middleweight title. The scores were 118-110, 117-111 for Vera and 114-114. Last February, Vera won a ten round split decision over Mora.

There were fireworks as Mora fought Vera's kind of fight by trading punches, fighting with his back against the ropes and allowing Vera to make it brawl. Vera landed the harder punches and pushed the majority of the action.

Comment

Good job Mora...... good job

Comment

I thought it was a clear win for Mora. No idea how Vera got the decision with such wide score cards. Vera landed jack squat. Mora made him missed A LOT. It's true Mora fought Vera's fight half the time by fighting on the ropes, but Vera was not landing anything effective at all. Even on the inside, Mora landed all the clean and hard shots.

I gave Vera rounds 11 and 12 because Mora decided to take the rounds off. Other than that, maybe rounds 2 and 8 for Vera, but I'm being generous.

Ronnie Shields himself said Vera needed a knockout to win during the 12th round when he was being interviewed by the broadcast team.

Comment

No wonder the place was called the "Illusions Theater."

Mora was robbed -- I had him ahead 116-113, and even Vera's trainer Ronnie Shields said Vera needed a KO going into round 12 to win.

Mora took the last two rounds off because he was so far ahead .. or so it seemed. But those wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Vera said after the fight he thought it was a draw.

118-110???

117-111???

Just one more horrible night for boxing, with the judges ruining an entertaining fight.
          Last edited by The Nephilim; 08-12-2012, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Who the hell wrote this article anyway? It looks like someone just read the boxrec and guessed what happened without watching the fight. Saying that Vera landed the harder shots is a joke. The only thing Vera had was volume, but it was rare for him to land anything clean.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-12-2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Bizarre ending.

TRILOGY!

Comment

lol mora was pissed, i thought he won it, but i wanted him to loose but now kinda feel bad for the guy lol

Comment

Is it worth watching?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                    Is it worth watching?
                    Yeah, it was a fun fight. I thought Mora was pretty much done before this fight and I usually hate his style, but he put on a good performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X