Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pain in left wrist when I hook (pads/heavy bag)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain in left wrist when I hook (pads/heavy bag)

this is without wraps, but surely shouldn't hurt? I have kinda slim wrists and have been working on strengthening them but every-time i hit hard there's a pain.
    Anyone have this problem? How do you remedy it?
    Thanks

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
    this is without wraps, but surely shouldn't hurt? I have kinda slim wrists and have been working on strengthening them but every-time i hit hard there's a pain.
    Anyone have this problem? How do you remedy it?
    Thanks
    Umm yeah stop hitting the bags without wraps. Not god for your hands, don't wanna end up like Floyd or Calzaghe, all that speed and power and can't properly use it. It's OK to do that stuff at times, but you don't go all out on hooks, and try to avoid wrist flexion.

Comment

Limp wristed ***git.......joking use your wraps all the time.

Comment

Hmmm...I guess wraps it is then...

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        Limp wristed ***git.......joking use your wraps all the time.
        lmao...OK

Comment

How often were you going without gloves on? Personally, I hit the bags with 16-18oz gloves 95% of the time. Occasionally I'll use the 12s when I'm getting ready for a fight, but you should only be resistance training 3x per week, and boxing closer to 6, and with that frequency you're going to have some serious hand problems with tough guy routines like bareknuckling the bags.

Comment

Drink more of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
              How often were you going without gloves on? Personally, I hit the bags with 16-18oz gloves 95% of the time. Occasionally I'll use the 12s when I'm getting ready for a fight, but you should only be resistance training 3x per week, and boxing closer to 6, and with that frequency you're going to have some serious hand problems with tough guy routines like bareknuckling the bags.
              I use 14oz gloves without wraps, not bare knuckle..although I used to use those really light pad gloves.

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
              Drink more of this.

I swear your body don't absorb calcium as adults, only as a baby. So whatever calcium you took then is what your stuck with the rest of your life?

Comment

Like others have said it's more than likely because you aren't wrapping your hands. I can always tell a difference from if I wrap my hands well or not, no wraps at all is just asking for a wrist injury

Comment

you need to strengthen your wrists bro. try doing some wrist curls everyday with like a 20 pounder.
                  you should also do pull ups with your palms facing away from you

Comment

Thanks for the Help guys, I'll use wraps and wrist curls, cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X