No announcement yet.

Best Boxing Technique Resources?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boxing Technique Resources?

Hi, what does everyone consider to be the best boxing technique resources on the internet?

I know of one.
    It's a site which has collected posts from newsgroups and martial arts & boxing forums and has numerous good tips and advice on boxing technique. ALSO someone has even gone to the trouble of typing up the old Jack Dempsey boxing book onto the web for all to look at. I think one or two chapters are missing but most of the stuff is there. Enjoy.

http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/kbox/kbox.html

p.s. Posts by 'lefthooker' are by me.

Nice one mate. haven't looked at the articles yet but have bookmarked site for future reference

Cheers, Lol

Comment

Great site

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmills
        Hi, what does everyone consider to be the best boxing technique resources on the internet?

I know of one.
        It's a site which has collected posts from newsgroups and martial arts & boxing forums and has numerous good tips and advice on boxing technique. ALSO someone has even gone to the trouble of typing up the old Jack Dempsey boxing book onto the web for all to look at. I think one or two chapters are missing but most of the stuff is there. Enjoy.

http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/kbox/kbox.html

p.s. Posts by 'lefthooker' are by me.
        Hey...I use to look at that site a while back. I didn't know they updated it. Got any random boxing pointers for us?

Comment

Off the top of my head....

I'll assume your a righty, so switch everything around for southpaw.

Simplest way of cutting off the ring off is when your opponent moves to your left throw a left hook to the body and when he moves to your right throw a right hand to the head.

Throw two flick jabs, bring your left hand up to your right ear to fake a left hook, then throw a straight right into the solar plexus.

Establish your jab and right hand then use the body feint. If you do it right it can have an enormous effect on your opponent. I've seen De La Hoya force opponents to make the most frozen reactions when he uses this.

Comment

another very good site is www.rossboxing.com, it tells you a few good conditioning routines

Comment

There is some good stuff on that site. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X