No announcement yet.

Frank Bruno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Bruno

I was only young when Bruno retired, and have never seen him fight. (Although i remember listening to his fight against Tyson on my walkman when i was in bed as a youngster).

Can anyone recommend any of his better fights, as id like to try download a few and watch them.

Cheers.

vs Oliver McCall is his best one i seen

Comment

Thanks mate, il check it out.

Comment

check out his fight with lennox lewis

Comment

Go watch the new movie Cass.

Comment

Bruno was underrated he had a very good jab and a powerful right. His fights against Floyd Cummings, Anders Eklund, Gerrie Coetzee, Tim Witherspoon, James Tillis, Carl Williams, Lennox Lewis and the 2 Tyson fights are all worth watching plus the McCall fight as thats when he won the title.

Comment

Thanks lads.

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
                Bruno was underrated he had a very good jab and a powerful right. His fights against Floyd Cummings, Anders Eklund, Gerrie Coetzee, Tim Witherspoon, James Tillis, Carl Williams, Lennox Lewis and the 2 Tyson fights are all worth watching plus the McCall fight as thats when he won the title.
                How the **** was he underrated. He had no heart or chin and never defended his world title. He was slow and average on world stage, but a character and a big hope at home. His jab and right hand weren't all that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Fernando Torres View Post
                  How the **** was he underrated. He had no heart or chin and never defended his world title. He was slow and average on world stage, but a character and a big hope at home. His jab and right hand weren't all that either.
                  yep, he had no chin and no stamina, but for some reason he was liked more than Lewis.
                  His fight with Lewis was one of his best. he come close to beating Witherspoon, Bone Crusher Smith, but lack of chin and a inability to hold on when hurt was his down fall, not many classic fights as he fought many journey men to get a title shot, claim to fame was hurting Tyson with a good shot in his first fight, and his win against nut case McCall who would burst ot crying before a fight. Bruno was one of the dirtest fighters out there people forget that, see him Batter Bugner who was sitting down on the bottom rope when Bruno layed into him.

You should check out the Benn Vs McClellen fight with Bruno at ring side, funny stuff.

Comment

Tyson Owned him twice...

Comment

Working...
                    X