No announcement yet.

Tony Grano vs. Tyson Fury on Dec 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    Is this the same Grano that was stopped by Firtha?
    yes it is...grano was the NABF mandatory for john banks but banks vacated to fight mitchell.banks is best friends with the klitschkos so he wouldn't fight them. grano beat davarryl williamson to win the NABF title which is the top rated regional belt in north america for the WBC(gives the fighter top 5 ranking). fury is not eligible to fight for the NABF title but if he beats grano it;s a good step forward. smart fight for fury because he should crush grano & his ranking will be solidified. i surprised more top 15-20 WBC ranked fighters from north america didn't target grano. yes not much money in it but winning the NABF title would get you in the mix.

Comment

Pathetic fight, but exactly what I've come to expect.

Comment

Ir could be worse. At least Tony Grano is a prime top 50 heavyweight and ranked by the WBC.

It will probably put Fury up to WBC #3 ahead of Denis Boytsov and in line for the next WBC title eliminator after Arreola-Stiverne.

Fury is younger than Deontay Wilder and had less amateur experience, yet Wilder has never fought a decent prime-aged journeyman like Chisora, Pajkic or Grano.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Fury is younger than Deontay Wilder and had less amateur experience, yet Wilder has never fought a decent prime-aged journeyman like Chisora, Pajkic or Grano.
          Fury-Grano is a **** fight no matter how you spin it.
          And what does Deontay Wilder have to do with this thread?

Comment

..... who? Goddamnit.

Comment

Even though Grano isn't much, I don't think too much of Fury either. He's reaching the point in his career where I'm going to start betting on the other guy, that ' 0 ' is going to go soon.

I've only seen a few fights of Grano but I like his style when he gets in close. Don't think he'll do well against someone of Fury's size though. It might be a shit fight but look who Price is fighting...

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
                Good fight, watch for Grano to pull an upset here.
                Lol good one

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Even though Grano isn't much, I don't think too much of Fury either. He's reaching the point in his career where I'm going to start betting on the other guy, that ' 0 ' is going to go soon.

I've only seen a few fights of Grano but I like his style when he gets in close. Don't think he'll do well against someone of Fury's size though. It might be a shit fight but look who Price is fighting...
                  What makes you say that?

he's 24 years old, his physical conditioning and defence has improved drastically and in his last two fights he has shut out, dominated and stopped two limited but decent (for the division) opponents.

The division isn't exactly on fire right now and I certainly think fury is pretty well up there considering his age, relative to the rest of them

Anyways this fight is what it is, this guy is better ranked and fresher than the guys Deontay Wilder ****s out every few months

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    What makes you say that?

he's 24 years old, his physical conditioning and defence has improved drastically and in his last two fights he has shut out, dominated and stopped two limited but decent (for the division) opponents.
                    So, you're saying Martin Rogan is a decent HW?

This is a poor match-up, but it could be worse. I'd like to see Fury fight someone a bit taller and, perhaps next, look towards the likes of Dimitrenko/Perez. I guess, at the moment, they're too dangerous.

Comment

As much as I disapprove of Wilder's progress, I still think he KO's Fury. Heck, anyone with speed/height/power finishes this prat.

Comment

Working...
                      X