No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhong-Martinez Approved By The WBC, 10/27 in China

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zhong-Martinez Approved By The WBC, 10/27 in China

The World Boxing Council has approved a fight between Xiong Zhao Zhong (19-4-1, 11KOs) against Javier Martinez (13-3-2, 6KOs) for the vacant WBC minimumweight title on October 27th in Kunming, China. WBC president Jose Sulaiman is happy to be a part of what the sanctioning body is calling a history making match, with the first world championship fight to take place in China. Zhong won a unanimous decision over Mexico's Osvaldo Reason on June 16th to capture the WBC silver title. Martinez scored a fifth round knockout over countryman Ulysses Lara to win the WBC's silver International crown on April 7 in Cuautla, Morelos, Mexico.
    [Click Here To Read More]

that's pretty cool. would love to see more and more Chinese pro fighters.

Comment

So... according to their website, Zhong isn't even rated in the top 40. I don't know how often they update their website... but it was definitely updated this summer.

Comment

hes 6th in the wbc light flyweight ranking, drops down for that title fight

Comment

Originally posted by vick_ramalot View Post
          hes 6th in the wbc light flyweight ranking, drops down for that title fight
          Well that makes sense, roger

Comment

corrupt boxing + even more corrupt china...what a combination!

Comment

Pitiful, I agree, but from such kernals grow the tall Oak trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                This is pathethic. Zhong will get a title shot at 105 against bum mexican after beating(he didn't really won, that was awful robbery) bum mexican at 108? What a joke, all politics. Who cares that other fighters work their ass off to get title shot, they are not from China so they can't make history! Stfu.
                Well WBC want to be the first to have a pro championship in china. Why care when you can be the first?
                Wasn't Denever Cuello the mando? If I were to guess though, they said he'll fight the winner

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Well WBC want to be the first to have a pro championship in china. Why care when you can be the first?
                  Wasn't Denever Cuello the mando? If I were to guess though, they said he'll fight the winner
                  i heard he will receive a step-aside money to give way for this sulaiman **** history making fight in china

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    i heard he will receive a step-aside money to give way for this sulaiman **** history making fight in china
                    Yup, what I thought. Watch them try to make the title defense in China too

Comment

Working...
                    X